Persistance

*Sarah's POV*

Waking up the next day, I realized that I slept till late today and when I checked my phone for the time, it was 11 a.m. Sighing, I laid back on my bed, silently thanking my dad for getting me an online job in my head. I slept late yesterday as I wanted to complete reading the book, and also, Ryan has been annoying through messages, and I still don't have any idea how or where he got my number. I woke up and went to make my coffee. This has been the first thing for me to do every morning before I head to the bathroom to take a shower. Putting on a cute and comfortable pair of shorts and a tank top, I cleaned the apartment a bit before grabbing my laptop in the living room and getting to work. I took a break from work around 3 p.m. and went to prepare something to eat for lunch. I was really annoyed as Ryan kept on blowing my phone every now and then with his messages. And I started to get irritated, especially when I was working, because it was distracting and I couldn't focus on my work properly. And now, I put my phone on silent to be able to have some peace. By night, my phone was full of tons of unread messages, all of which were begging me to hang out with him as "he misses me". At last, I had to give up and agreed to hang out with him tomorrow. He said he would be with his boys only and that I could bring Laura with me as well. It was for the better because I didn't think I was that ready to go out with him alone, although I was with him alone in the library, but that was different. And being outside in public would be different. So, I took my phone and called Laura to tell her that she was invited for tomorrow. I was sure that she would be very excited, and I would go deaf on the phone itself. Her personality reminded me of Lyla, my best friend ever. She went abroad for her further studies, but we kept in contact through chats, which were on and off. I wondered when Lyla and Laura would meet and what would happen. Because they were basically of the same personalities. Now that I remembered her, I should call her later and tell her about everything. For now, let's call Miss Laura.

*RYAN'S POV*

Since exams were over and we were now in holidays, I was missing Sarah so much because I have gotten used to meeting her and talking to her on a daily basis, whether it was me sneaking behind her quietly when she was studying and scaring the shit out of her. I would laugh at her, and she would be annoyed with me for a few moments only, and then she would initiate the conversation herself. And now I could not do anything like that because we couldn't go to college during the holidays, and I, like a stupid person, didn't bother to ask for her number before as I was only enjoying her company. 'Now what do I do?'. I was currently staying at my parents' house because they insisted I stay on holidays and weekends with them only, and the rest of the week, I would do whatever I wanted. I was so bored that I went to take a walk down the street. I really missed Sarah! I was passing by the houses in the street, and I was admiring them at the same time. There were indeed beautiful houses and mansions here. I walked forward and saw Evan washing his bike. I decided to go and meet him when an idea struck in my head. I smiled devilishly and walked towards him.

"Hey man, what's up?" I said while tapping his shoulder, totally scaring him. He cursed me, and I laughed at him.' I think that was a talent of mine to keep on scaring people like that!'

"Nothing man. Just looking for some work to do!" he replied, shrugging at me.

"Since you don't have anything to do, would you help me out with something?" I asked him with a smirk.

He eyed me curiously, as if he could see the wheels turning in my mind.

"What?" he asked slowly, and I smiled at him.

******************************************

"Dude, I seriously can't believe you're making me do such a stupid thing for a girl." Evan whisper-yelled at me, while looking around carefully, to not be caught.

"Dude, just help me one last time; I won't ask for anything anymore!" I whispered at him back.

"I don't trust you on that!" He said, annoyed, and I smiled at him because he knew me too well.

"What if we get caught by the security?" He asked all of a sudden, stopping right in the middle of the college corridor.

"Dude, just keep on walking. And we won't get caught as long as we keep quiet. And the advantage that we wore black; we can just freeze ourselves when the security is around. " I explained to him while looking around us and moving the torches in our hands to see anything.

When we reached the gate to enter the college, the security there was asleep, so it was easy for us to come inside. But we knew that there were other security men who walked around for surveillance. And thankfully, we succeeded in reaching the administration office, and now we just needed to get our work done, and then we would leave.

"Okay, you go inside and search her name in the management section and get the number, or even better, take a picture of her application form itself while I'll stay here and guard up, okay?" I explained to him in a whispering voice, and he nodded, then went inside.

After around 10 minutes, he opened the door, scaring me, and then silently closed it.

"You got it?" I asked him first, because we came to him for that task only, and we couldn't leave here unsuccessful. He nodded at me, and I sighed in relief.

While going back to the gate, we almost bumped into a security man, to which I quickly backed Evan up against the walk, freezing ourselves. But the torches in our hands were still on, and the man came forward as if he saw a light. In panic, I quickly turned it off, and Evan put his torch in his mouth. "Stay still!" I whispered to him, and we froze ourselves, even stopping breathing when the man was passing very near to us. When he finally left for the other side, we breathed out in relief and quickly made our way out. The watchman was still sleeping, and we got off the gate easily.

Once we were safely outside, I took Evan's phone, took Sarah's number from it, and sent her a message immediately. When I looked at him, he was panting heavily, and I laughed at him, remembering how he was afraid back there.

"What?" He asked me curiously.

"Dude, you seriously put that torch in your mouth over there. And why were you so afraid?" I asked, laughing at him.

"What do you want me to do? I did what I could at that moment for us to not be caught. And I didn't want us to get into any trouble just before we were about to graduate." He said, annoyed and I put my hand around his neck, and we both chuckled.

"Thank you, man!" I said to him genuinely, and he shook his head at me, smiling.

"You're crazy, dude! For this girl." He replied and hoped on his bike.

"I know! But she's worth it." I said to him while hoping behind him on his bike.

"Let's see if she really is." He laughed, but I knew he already knew the answer.

We both laughed and rode back home.

A/N:

Hello lovelies,

Sorry for the late update. I hope you are all good. How was your day? I hope you like this chapter and let me know what you think about Ryan and Evan's friendship. Lucky are those, whose best friend will do anything for their happiness, and I am one of them. Do you guys have that kind of best friend? Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you all!