Anniversary

*RYAN'S POV*

It was my parents' 25th wedding anniversary today, so I woke up early and went down. My mom was already in the kitchen, preparing a delicious breakfast for her beloved husband.

"Good morning. Happy anniversary, mom!" I greeted her with a kiss on her cheek before going to my seat.

"Thank you, Sweetheart! Here starts the breakfast." She said with a glow on her face as she placed a plate full of deliciousness in front of me. Just then, dad walked in looking sleepy, but when he went to kiss mom directly before taking his seat. Looking at them so in love, I remembered my love and smiled.

"So, what's the plan for today?" I asked them, as I knew maybe they would go somewhere and spend the day together.

"Oh, don't ask, son. Your girl has snatched my wife from me today!" Dad said, sadly.

"It's not like that, babe; we are just going to doll me up for tonight!" mom replied, convincing dad.

"You mean I won't see my babybear too today?" I asked, being sad and pouting at mom, then looked at dad.

"Look at my two babies, all in love with their women, and they can't go a day without them. And for your babybear Ryan, I'm certainly looking forward to spending the day with my soon-to-be daughter-in-law so that we can be best friends. I already like her a lot. I can't wait for you two to get married; you two look so perfect together. Why don't you propose to her already?" Mom asked, giggling.

"Mom, it's not that easy. For the time being, I'm trying to win her back. And as far as I know, it was going to take a lot of time. And married mom? I'm only 24; she's 22. I don't know if she'll be ready or not!" I said, looking at my plate.

"Okay then. But then, if she has feelings for you, she will give in soon. And you have both our approval!" Dad said encouragingly, and I smiled at both of them. 'I just love them so much!'

After breakfast, mom left to meet Sarah, and they would spend the day together to do all the girls' stuff. I wanted to go to the banquet to see if everything was going well, but then Sarah texted me not to because she wouldn't be there and only her secretary would be there, managing everything, and that later on, before she headed home, she would stop by to have a final look before the anniversary party started at night. I spent the day at home itself because I was bored and didn't want to do anything with my babybear. I just hoped she was getting along with my mom. I went to my treehouse and spent the rest of my time there, remembering our first date and kiss. At around six, I headed back to the house and found my mom and dad all ready to go. Mom was looking stunning in a black gown, and dad was matching her with a black tuxedo as well.

"Hurry up, Ryan. Go get ready!" Mom scolded me, and I told them to go ahead, and I would join them soon. But before that, mom grabbed my hand, stopping me, and then she said,

"She will be wearing gold!" She smirked at me and then went ahead. I shouted a thank you at her and rushed to my room with a smile on my face. When I reached my room, I found a gray silver tuxedo on my bed (picture above). I instantly knew that mom picked it out for me, and if she did pick it out, it meant she knew that it would match with Sarah's outfit. My mom invited her as a guest as well, not only as an event planner. 'Gosh, I love mom so much!' I quickly got ready and made my way to the banquet. I couldn't wait to see my love.