chapter twenty eight

Katsuki got home late in the morning, bringing inside bags of groceries. Memories of their life so far, knowing what Eijirou liked. His favorite food to song, to movies. 

They shared a bank account and bed, they lived together since college and planned a wedding. 
Katsuki felt like he couldn't think anymore. 

He constantly asked who meant more to him. Eijirou had been there, but Izuku knew him. 
He couldn't handle it, it hurt that he couldn't love both at the same time. 

Eijirou was quiet, sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee. "Good morning." Katsuki forced a smile, staring back at his dead face. "I went grocery shopping.." "I can see that." he rolled his eyes. 
"I'm not gonna ask you where you were." He gulped, he hated when he was angry. 

"Okay.." 
"You can sleep on the couch tonight, though." 
"Alright, I guess I deserve that." He laughed a little. 

He frowned, "Should I expect this more often.." he tried not to look as sad as he was. "I wasn't with anybody." He started to stutter, "I said I wasn't going to ask." Katsuki sat down across from him. "I didn't want to come home because I thought that.." he paused for a second. 

"You needed space." Lying was something casual, at this point. 
Part of him considered that Eijirou knew. 

"Well.." 
"You don't trust me, I get it. I've been distant." He shrugged. 

"But there's nothing to worry about." Eijirou felt mostly relieved, though he did still have a sick feeling. 

"Thank you." 
"Yeah."

"Now help me with the groceries." He smiled, standing up. "Fine." 

Katsuki felt bad, again. It was something he was getting used to.
He decided to not think about it. 

And so the day went by normally, a routine they built for weekends. Lunch with his husband and TV shows. 
Katsuki only thought of Izuku. 

What routine they'd build, how much time they'd spend together.. he tried to cover his smile every time. He thought of how bad he was at hiding how much he loved Izuku.

He thought of what his favorite food was, his favorite songs. All he could do when he was without him was fantasize about their life together. Their relationship was already so serious, so he decided he could let it be serious. 

Eijirou couldn't feel comfortable, after hearing snippets of a conversation.
He knew that Katsuki would sometimes lie, he'd seen him do it to others. 

Eijirou felt as if it was too much to ask that their relationship continued to be normal. He didn't believe it was broken beyond repair, he never imagined he could. 

He liked it how it was. He never liked anything complicated, just to wake up next to Katsuki in the mornings.. just to wear the ring and share their house, to be happy together. Not to think of their love but just to feel it. 

Eijirou watched him try to hide his smile under his hand, sitting on the couch together. They weren't holding hands, like they usually did.

Did Katsuki feel the same love?

Eijirou tilted his head, seeing his pink cheeks and his red eyes staring off into another direction. 

Katsuki, do you feel it?

He wanted to ask.

Katsuki, are you lying to me?

And..

You still love me, right?

Because of vows they wrote themselves, he could never believe Katsuki could fall out of love. 

Because he knew him, flaws and all. At least, they said he did. 
He knew his favorite song, his mistakes, he met his parents, he'd seen him angry, sad. Everything. 

"I hope that you still love me." He wanted to say. 

"I love you." He said, instead. 
Katsuki just took a deep breath, his smile turning so quickly. 

"Love you too.." he didn't even look him in the eye. 

Please, I beg you to feel it too.