chapter one

Izuku slammed his car door shut, checking his watch before leaving to enter the tall building, seeming to be made out of glass.

A co-worker of his opened the door for him as he approached, Izuku said his thank yous and good mornings as he headed towards the elevator. "Hold it." Katsuki barely had to yell, his rough voice being loud enough for the co-worker to place his foot in front of the elevator door. 

Izuku rubbed his eyes as Katsuki entered, giving one glance at him before standing still. 
The quiet was almost killing him. 
He whistled slightly before the doors opened again, watching as Katsuki left towards his office. 

Izuku started a conversation with the receptionist, he had offered a job to her between her move. Ochaco Uraraka, they met in college and stayed distant friends afterwards. She smiled and said good morning, Izuku asking her if she'd met Katsuki. 
"Have you met Kacch- Kirishima?" He leaned forwards, "Not yet. He seems intimidating. Why?" "I knew him in school, that's Katsuki Bakugou.. before the marriage." he half smiled, having told her about him a long while ago. 

"Didn't you two go out?" "What? No. He's the gay one.." they both snorted, then acted like they were clearing their throats. "We were each other's bullies, basically. But we were friends before. Pretty sure he hates me but.. Toshinori offered me a job to be his assistant." "Will you take it?" She stood up to walk towards the kitchen, Izuku following afterwards. "I think so, Toshinori said it'd pay more; but I dunno if that's with or without my current job." "Oh. Well you should ask." she reached for both their mugs in the cupboard. 

Beginning to pour them both the already made coffee, she continued. "If you do it you'll be able to move somewhere nicer, and hey, maybe even get a girlfriend." She laughed as she handed his cup to him. "Yeah, right." They giggled, "I'll move yet, but I think I should give myself more time to deci-" "Midoriyaaa," Toshinori called as he opened the kitchen door. "We can have our talk, I've figured out your pay for the new offer." "I think I'm gonna need a little bit more time…" Toshinori said the number out loud, catching both their attention. 

"Maybe it pays only a bit more than customer service, but I've added both together. If you'd like to stay in both then that'll be the amount." Izuku turned to Ochaco, she nodded in surprise. "O- Okay, I'll take it then!" He smiled brightly, completely forgetting who he'd be working for, and all the extra things he'd have to do. 

He thought it over after the conversation was finished, beginning to leave the kitchen. He passed Katsuki, staring up at his red eyes. It then hit him how much he hated him, how much they hated each other. 
But he prayed that there'd be no grudges. 

Just as the office was packing up to go home, Katsuki rushed towards Izuku's desk. 
"Kacchan." Katsuki furrowed his brows in confusion, "Sorry, we're not kids.. Kirishima." he just disliked the name. 
"You accepted the job?" "Well.. yeah." He stood up with his bag in his hand. "I couldn't decline. And even working for you shouldn't be hell with that pay." he moved past him, waving to Ochaco as he headed for the elevator. 

Katsuki stood still, almost annoyed. Despite not being high schoolers, he wished he didn't even have to share an office with him. They always disliked each other, and maybe that was Katsuki's fault, but Izuku still fought back. 
They needed to do something about this secret hatred.