chapter eleven

"Good morning." Izuku kept his tone serious as he walked inside the building, "G-Good morning." Katsuki replied, he was a little confused then. He was looking at him differently than he was before. 
The morning came, before their trip. And they were waiting for their taxi to the airport. 

They were sitting in the lounge on the first floor with their bags, Izuku seemed to be avoiding Katsuki. He was on the other side of the room, his legs crossed and his eyes glued outside the window. Katsuki fixed his hair, wondering if he should've started a conversation. Izuku was a little uncomfortable, after what they did, because they never decided to talk about it. They both packed up and went home afterwards, not even a word on the drive. 

Hei was hesitant to stand up, he wanted to speak to him. But his mouth wouldn't open. 
The cab pulled into the building's parking lot, Izuku standing up, not bothering to wait or hold the door open for Katsuki. 

He sighed, trying to catch up with him, to walk beside him. 

They packed their bags into the trunk, Izuku always staring off into a different direction. 
"You're excited?" He tried to make small conversation, Izuku's eyebrows raised, his frown pointing down. "Not really. It's just business." He smiled, Katsuki chuckled with surprise. "You'll have fun." 

Then he took a deep breath , opening his mouth before Izuku could close the trunk and leave. "I told him." He didn't want to leave the conversation while it was so awkward, but that didn't help anything. "What?" His eyes went wide, his teeth gritting. "K-Kacchan, not right now!" He whispered, "Why? I thought you'd be happy." "We'll talk about this later." He slammed the trunk closed. 
"Don't even think of bringing this up before we're there." His eyes were still wide and nervous , Katsuki backed away with a surprised expression. "Jeez, alright." 

On the car ride, he could only stare at him, wondering why he was so nervous, so angry about it. Maybe he regretted it, "Why wouldn't he?" He thought to himself. 

Izuku didn't have a right to be nervous, he wasn't married. He didn't even have to talk to him if he didn't want to. Katsuki had to make up for what he did. But first, he had let his husband know. 

Eijirou came home silently, the next morning. Katsuki's heart was beating out of his chest, and most often , it'd be for the opposite reason. He was lying on their bed, feeling like he wasn't even supposed to be. He faced the corner, arm hanging off with his phone in hand. He deleted all the messages between him and Izuku.
His stomach felt sick, thinking about his plan, each and every word he would say. 
"Katsuki, I'm home." He said silently, poking his head into their room with his bag around his shoulder. "Katsuki?" 

He took another deep breath, preparing himself for what happened next. His hands starting to shake nervously. He sat up , turning around. "H-Hey, you're.. early." He placed his bag on the floor, walking towards Katsuki to try and kiss him. His head turned, and his mouth closed. "What's wrong?" He frowned. 

"I need to talk to you.." 

Katsuki cringed, remembering it. He stared out the window, not wanting to look at Izuku sitting beside him.

 He didn't say exactly what he wanted to, excuses were interrupted. 
It wasn't much of a fight, he was too guilty to have anything to say back, he just stayed quiet. Eijirou yelled, but he didn't cry. They didn't sleep together, which was a relief, though that changed nothing. He was shocked, though. And he hoped that it was nothing more than a small mistake.

 He wanted to say it meant nothing, but that'd be a lie. 

Izuku and him had something different, he was starting to see it. 

After he stuttered and choked on his words, he couldn't stand Eijirou's expression. It was hurt, angry, shocked. "You didn't do anything else?" He was surprised how calm his voice was, "Of course not, I wouldn't." 

"Were you drunk?" Eijirou hoped he was, he would understand it more. "The first time.." wasn't what he wanted to hear. 

"The first time?!" He raised his voice, Katsuki standing up. "I know! I'm sorry- I didn't mean to.." "Izuku, out of all people? You hate him!" He backed away, Katsuki trying to put his hand on his arm, trying to calm him down. "I don't!" They went silent. 

Eijirou bit his tongue, eyebrows furrowing. "You don't? Then what?" Katsuki frowned, '"I don't know." He whispered. Eijirou sighed, slightly pulling at his own hair, "But I love you. He's nothing compared to you." 
He cringed, not wanting to insult him. 

"I was confused." He started to lie, though at the time, he didn't know that. "It was nostalgia. I was just confused, I'm sorry. " "It won't happen again." He questioned, Katsuki nodded. 

"I don't know if I want you to go on this trip, if he's there." "I have to.." 

Eijirou kept his mouth shut, for a moment. Thinking about what he'd do next. He was angry, he hated Izuku at that moment, he hated Katsuki too. But it felt more as if.. his husband was being tricked. Because he knew him, and he would never betray him. 
Whatever attracted Katsuki to Izuku, was his siren song, and he couldn't blame Katsuki for hearing it. 

"You don't talk to him, if it isn't business." "What?" Eijirou gritted his teeth, Katsuki nodded, a little intimidated. "You don't think about spending time with him, even if it's for lunch, if it's in the bathroom in the morning." Katsuki put his head down, he didn't want to agree. "If you sit next to each other on the plane. Strictly business." "You're being crazy." 

"Don't fall in love with him." Katsuki gulped, that made him feel worse. But Eijirou had to deal with the consequences, for somebody else's mistake. "I'm not going to.. I'm sorry."