chapter twenty six

Katsuki's heart was beating fast, seeing Izuku's sad face he knew something bad was going to happen. 

Izuku told him to sit down, pulling out a chair for him at the table. 

"Izuku.." "Just- hold on." He sat down across from him. "I think that.. we need to talk about our relationship, or fling, whatever this is." Katsuki took a deep breath, his eyes wide and nervous, "O-Okay." 

Izuku folded his hands together, there was quiet music in the background, it sounded a little sad. Katsuki wanted to laugh at it, brush off the serious conversation, but Izuku didn't want to. His face read that he was done with excuses, and empty promises. 

"You know that, I wanna.. be with you-" Katsuki nodded, Izuku's voice grew quieter the more serious the conversation got. "But I think that, I'm ruining something good. Something you have, out of selfishness." He bit his lip, Katsuki didn't know what to say back. "I know you loved him since high school, so how could you just.." 

His fingers curled into a fist, "How do you switch so fast.. over to me?" "Are you angry?" Izuku nodded, "Are you just heartless? Eijirou has loved you for years, you know that. We're just- coworkers!"

Katsuki looked up at him, "Why is this so serious already?" he put his head down. "We kissed in the hotel, we could've left it at that. It was almost nothing!" He covered his face with his hands, "Why did you fall for me?" 

Katsuki sighed. Reaching forwards to grab his hands, "I don't want to lose you again.." he whispered, Izuku shivered, "Again?" 

"We didn't want to be complicated in the hotel, so let's not be complicated." He felt like a bad person saying that, as he stood up to look down at Izuku's confused expression. 
"I've talked to my husband." That was a lie. "We just have to sign the papers." Another lie. 

He knew right from wrong, he knew the outcome if it backfired, but being on the brink of losing somebody so meaningful to him.. he didn't care. 
He leaned forwards, "So will you be with me? Through this." Izuku took a deep breath, he felt like crying through the stress. "Am I a homewrecker?" 

Katsuki shook his head, he leaned towards Izuku across the table, holding both his hands in his. "You're my choice, and you're a good choice." 
Izuku stood up, "Really?" Katsuki felt less and less guilty, every time he saw his face. It was so far from good, though comforting.

"Will you stay with me?" Izuku held his breath, nodding, "O-Okay."

When they kissed afterwards, his mind was skipping thought to thought. He knew he didn't care thinking about Eijirou alone in their house, he cared about Izuku. 

The kiss got heavier, Izuku smiling through it, Katsuki was a little angry though. The stress made him rough, pulling his hair after running his fingers through it. Izuku didn't seem to mind, he was happy. 

Eijirou was probably at home, thinking about them. Or trying to distract himself, with the television, with music. He was dragged back to lyrics that reminded him of his heart slowly breaking. He was pushing down a disgusting feeling, as Katsuki whispered in Izuku's ear, "Do you want to go to your room?"

He thought of things to say to his husband when he got home, questions to ask. All while he was kissing Izuku's neck to jaw. Shirts sliding off and hands running over stomachs. 

Eijirou would never think of it as a possibility. 

Slow music turned romantic, sad music turned meaningful. Sloppy kisses and moaning was making their heads pound, and Katsuki finally had it, a different feeling. 

A feeling of complete bliss, without thinking about his husband. Izuku's hand in his, soaking in his beauty, and feeling like nothing else existed. Just Izuku's pretty face, just his smile and his pink lips. His cute freckles and his soft hair. His warm and shaking hand was comforting. 

A pink face and a few tears, sweat on his freckled chest. A few laughs between heavy breathing, Katsuki was so in love. So much that he knew exactly who he was going to choose. 

"You're so pretty." He whispered, Izuku nodded, gulping and closing his eyes. 
Katsuki kept whispering compliments, Izuku wrapping his arms around his shoulders. 

"Katsuki.." "I-Izuku." He buried his face into his shoulder, "Do you.. lo-" he couldn't finish his sentence, but he knew what he meant. 

"I do." 
Entirely. 

The morning.. and the day, ended with gasps and muscles tightening, butterflies in their stomachs and tears in their eyes. 
And with a bite mark on Katsuki's shoulder..

And Eijirou should've taken it as a sign.. that there was a shift in their reality; when his husband didn't come home. 

a/n: not very detailed but are y'all hAPPY nOw