chapter twenty three

It had gotten late, and Katsuki was worried. His husband didn't come home yet, and didn't tell him why. He didn't know to text him or call, he felt selfish for wanting to know, because of what he did.

He sat on the couch, the TV on so the house wasn't so quiet. He kept his phone open, contemplating calling Izuku. "He's probably tired." He thought. 

"You're just bored." He whispered to himself, but it was comforting to think of Izuku. He was sweet and warm, and they never didn't have fun together. Even when they weren't supposed to. He wanted to talk to him, and spend more time with him. 

But it was too early for that. That was upsetting, but he'd wait for him. 
A few more hours went by before Katsuki would fall asleep on the couch, phone in hand and television still lighting up the room. 

The front door opened quietly, his husband creeping him. He saw his shoes and was shocked that he frowned. 
Walking into the living room, he saw Katsuki asleep. Shutting off the television, and the lights, he sighed. 
Staring down at Katsuki, wondering if he should've woken him up. He didn't know if he wanted to talk to him. 

He trusted him, at least he wanted to. But he hadn't seen him in so long. He was sort of worried that he'd act weird, and he didn't want to fight. 
Even if he always told himself he trusted him, he saw his phone in his hand. Part of him knew that Izuku was too good of a person to be a homewrecker, but he also knew Katsuki. He knew Katsuki got what he wanted no matter what, and he was the first to kiss his friend. 

He shook his head, whispering "Goodnight." And going back to his room. 

Eijirou had no idea if he was angry or sad, or relieved that he was home. But he didn't need to think of that, nobody would want to. 

But he couldn't stop. 
He was fine before Katsuki came home, he did his own thing and had his own routine. Now that he was, he was only going to be a reminder of his stress. 
His worries and everything else. 
"Maybe if we leave we'll be fine." He thought of it as he got ready for bed. Staring into his eyes in the bathroom mirror. Thinking about how easy it would be to move, and to have him as his own again. 

But he also didn't know if Katsuki was with somebody else, so he'd stay silent, and hope that he wasn't. 

He would be.. so sad, if he knew that Katsuki wanted anybody else. 
And though he did some thinking while he was gone, when he called that one night, he decided to put all his trust in his husband. 
Even if he hadn't called before that, even if he sounded different before he left. Even if he confessed to kissing somebody else. 

And he knew they had a history, Eijirou knew exactly how he felt about Izuku for years. He felt guilty for always treating him so horribly. And he remembered his exact words one night, when they were talking about him. 

"It was the wrong time for our relationship. But if I ever met him again, I'd hope we could be happy." 

And he knew he didn't mean what he thought, but putting it all together.. the entire story of their relationship. It made sense. 

And that thought made him sick.