chapter twenty five

Eijirou stood there in silence for a second. Sighing and closing his eyes. He shook his head.

He snuck back into their room and climbed into bed. He pretended to be asleep. Katsuki was getting ready to leave, brushing his hair and putting on clothes. He didn't have to leave early, but he wanted to get out of the house.

He decided for a minute, coming up with a lie in his mind.
Then after more hesitation, walked up to their bed.

He leaned down, shaking Eijirou's shoulder. Eijirou tensed up, "I'm.. going to the store. I'll be back later." He said silently "Yeah." He whispered back.

"Please leave faster." Eijirou thought to himself.

He heard him putting on his shoes and jacket, and then the door closing.

Hearing the car pull out of the driveway, he wondered why he left in such a rush.
He pushed the blankets off of himself. Sitting up and leaning on his elbows. He held his stomach, staring at the wall in front of him. He contemplated following him, but that seemed like too much.

"What am I going to do?" He covered his mouth.

Katsuki pulled up to Izuku's apartment, knowing he was early, he sat in his car. His hands on the wheel while slow music played on the radio. He wasn't going to get out. He had bought flowers for him beforehand, and was starting to think it was a dumb idea.

He actually had to let somebody go, that was always in the back of his mind.

He felt.. so incredibly horrible. All the time he was sick, and he knew Izuku was sad too. He thought Eijirou could be oblivious for a little while longer.

"How could I do this?" He whispered out loud. He sniffled, feeling his eyes start to sting.
He gripped the wheel, "Why is it so complicated now?"

He covered his eyes with his hand. "All I said I wanted was closure." He bit his tongue, tears filling his eyes. "I hate myself." He didn't want it to be so complicated anymore, and he wished he wasn't starting to regret what he did in that hotel. He should've told him.

Izuku was getting ready. He could feel that he was nervous, his stomach was turning. He was going to break it off.

He thought that he could do something before it was too late, and before he'd ruin a marriage.

Katsuki looked up at his apartment, turning the radio down. And waiting for the hour to pass.

He wanted to believe he could make the right choice. As the hour passed and he stayed confused inside his car, it only ached to know what he'd done. He felt ruined, that he'd manage to hurt three people so much in a matter of months.

And he still had no idea how to make it right. Because he was aware of how selfish he was, and that he was the only one who got to have a choice.

When the hour was over, he fixed his hair and his clothes, and got out of his car after grabbing the flowers. He didn't know what he was walking into, what Izuku thought. It used to be so intimate, and now while they were back in reality, and their hometown, so much changed.

He rang the doorbell, Izuku letting him in. He quietly climbed the stairs.
He took a deep breath, knocking on his apartment door. Izuku opened the door after a second, tilting his head and saying "Hello." without his usual smile. Katsuki half smiled awkwardly, handing him the flowers. Izuku frowned, "Thanks." He opened the door to let him inside after taking them from him.

Katsuki kicked off his shoes, "Are you okay?" Izuku stayed silent, then opened his mouth to say.

"I don't know."

a/n: OH GOD it's so sad but I have so much fun writing this