Bullet #51: Encore part 4

《A/N: HAPPY 50+K READS YALL!!! OMGGG GRANEVERE REACHED ANOTHER MILESTONE UWU THANK YOU FELLOW SHIPPERS~~ sorry for the long wait yalls (っ °Д °;)っ

Also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

Once Granger stepped into grassy grounds of the Dark Forest, the device sounded an error code and immediately shut down. As expected, there was no network, no signal, no internet. He was now cut off from the rest of the world.

"I still can't believe the Dark Wizards also colluded with a scamming fraud scientist. The second rate portal machine doesn't even work well seeing how it immediately shut off after usage." Granger grumbled. "I'll blast off that damned thing once I get back to that shop!"

['Fortunately you immediately notified your commanders before coming here. I commend you for that.']

'Well...that's the standard operation. And there's extra bounty if we pick up extra tasks.' Granger felt satisfied with his past self's meticulous ways.

Before stepping into the portal, he sent a video message stating his intent to do an emergency rescue operation. 

['Ahh...yes, money. You were such a money-loving fool. What were you gonna do with all the golds and diamonds?']

'Hmm...I was saving up to buy my own studio somewhere in the city.' Granger replied after pondering for awhile.

['Huh. You actually have future plans. I thought you were just gonna buy an expensive string instrument.']

'Well... that too but after I have my own home and a place where I could play music. People in the Lightborn Castle don't have taste in classical music.'

['Tsk, I know. They're uncultured swines!'] The bloody duke related so much to Granger. Back in his time, his underlings also didn't appreciated his talents in playing the fiddle. Looks like Granger also inherited his passion for music.

Granger scanned the surroundings for possible threat and noticed foot tracks going into the deeper part of the forest. One looked like a footprint of a female and the other was a beast's. 

'Huh? I thought Guini was only chased by green devils...'

Not just one beast, but three! And the trees also had hole marks. Probably an aftermath of Guinevere's released energy orbs.

['Told you so. By watching the past, you learn things you didn't notice in that time~'] The bloody duke sing songed.

Granger could only hum in agreement. Back then, he didn't notice the forest beasts that lurked in the dark and dense trees. He wanted to follow the tracks but he knew what would happen next.

Unfortunately for him, his body moved on its own after sniffing a familiar scent.

It was faint but he could still remember the very same rotting smell of those ugly green bastards when he was young. Recalling his traumatic childhood, it was definitely the scent of the Ancient Abyssal Demon!

The scenery changed once again and Granger was now crouching behind the bushes. Just a few meters away from him are a 12 member pack of green devils ravaging a giant forest fiend and three dead juvenile green devils.

Looks like they've been deprived of human flesh to even eat their kin. He nearly forgot that no matter how smart these demons are, they still resort to cannibalism if need be.

['Ugh. The fucking smell hurts my nose!'] The bloody duke groaned.

'It's not that bad, sir. Though it's thanks to these allergies.' Granger smiled wryly. No wonder he hadn't faint from the pungent smell the Green Devils emit. Maybe he should give Little Commander Harper a gift once he go back to reality.