Bullet #36: Sforzando

Today was Saturday. Guinevere should have been excited for the YS Book Club comic book reading this afternoon and she was ranking up fast. She effortlessly won all of her matches and she was MVP on most of them! But was she happy?

'Argh. I don't feel so good!' Guinevere whined mentally as she rested her head on her hands.

She stayed up all night binge reading the AlucardxGranger Comics up until the recent volume she bought yesterday. So her eye bags were darker than usual. And she wasn't happy with the development in the story.

In fact the series just went on to the angst route and ended tragically. Comic Granger ended up choosing none of the two men and went on a long solo mission until there was news that he got killed in an unknown forest,his body was never found. The worst part was that Lancelot and Alucard became the end game after everything! The cover was a bloody scam! There were no lemons to pacify the shippers! She never expected that kind of twist in the end. And the worst part of it all was that Guinevere kind of liked the new ship! She stayed up all night crying and going crazy until she finally accepted that she ships Lancelot and Alucard a little bit!

'AAHH!! I'm no longer a loyal shipper! Bad, Guinevere Baroque! You betrayed your own fave ship! Why did the author drew AlucardxLancelot so well at the end panel! Boohoo, you traitor Guinevere!!'

 Guinevere pulled out her hair in frustration. Another thing was added to stack on the ever growing guilt in the depths of her mind.

"No, questions? Okay, good!" Fanny just finished handing out their usual assignments. 

Tigreal and Gord was with them today. And they were in-charge for protecting the middle lane. But there will be rotations. She couldn't help but notice that she had been teaming up with 3/5 of the Lightborn squad and it made her conscious of her fighting skills. Plus her previous academy professor was playing on their team as well! Who would be not anxious?!

'Curses! I really should have slept earlier last night instead of re-reading the AlucardxGranger comics! Ah! What if I miss my targets when I do my second skill and mess up in team fights?!'

"Are you okay, Guini?" Granger, who was sitting beside her, asked. His face was way too close!

"Y-Yes, I'm fine. I'm good. Jolly good." Guinevere mumbled. He would always ask her that as if she was weakling and she didn't liked it.

Then she felt a cold hand on her forehead. When Guinevere looked up, her jade eyes met Granger's intense ruby orbs. Her poor heart skipped a beat and her stomach was doing somersaults. How many butterflies were in her tummy now?! Guinevere pried the demon hunter's hands from her forehead and averted her eyes. She couldn't look at him straight in the eye and focused on looking at his tall nose.

"Guinevere Baroque. I think you're not fine." Granger looked really worried and kind of angry. But does he looks so hot and handsome with that worried face?!

'Argh! Brain, stop fangirling over Granger's looks! AHH! But seriously why is he so handsome even in his scary Doomsday Terminator battle armor?!-- No Guinevere Baroque, get a hold of yourself!'

After scolding herself, she was reminded of the things he usually does when they get partnered up in matches. He would scold her when she tries to go to other lanes without anyone accompanying her. And Granger would suddenly grab her in a bridal style then retreat. They weren't Carmilla and Cecilion for goodness sake! She couldn't stomach the way he acts all cold to her and then suddenly warms up. It was confusing her heart and mind. It was annoying!

"Stop treating me like a child Granger! I'm not a baby!" Guinevere snapped.

 She was kind of angry too with the way he coddles her like a spoiled brat. Guinevere was a mage-fighter after-all. She wouldn't grow if everything gets handed to her. She never liked to be spoon-fed and it reminds her of her suffocating life at Castle Gorge.