Bullet #33: Caprice

"It's Miss Violet, I felt her life force...her health is depleting at each passing day..."

"What the fuck!?

Granger roared, grabbing the white-haired elf's collar. His loud outburst earned them a worried look from the red head.

"Haha! Don't mind us, Guini!" Granger let go of Estes and waved off the worried Guinevere.

"Okay... but mind your language Grangey and don't start brawling now you two!" Guinevere shook her head disapprovingly of their childish tantrums, the two men only nodded and walked out of the room.

"Why didn't you warn me yesterday? Or when we first came here?!" Granger growled, glaring dangerously at the white haired moon elf, not caring if he was the king.

"I wasn't sure then but now.... well for now refrain from excessive skinship or it might worsen her reduced health today. I'm sorry Granger, I know how hard it's for you but it's for her sake..."

Estes had just noticed the girl's subtle worn out state when he patted her earlier. He accidentally felt her life force and it was much worse than the other days. He deduced that using this healing power that temporarily cures Granger from the cursed headache would deplete her own health or maybe her own life force. 

He haven't told that yet to Granger as he didn't have any proof. But now his theory seems more plausible. From what the young demon hunter confessed them doing earlier, he might have accidentally absorb Lady Baroque's health while holding hands for thirty minutes. 

"But worry not, just like your curse, she always comes bouncing back, with full health. It's just  that today, I noticed her health was lower than usual. Don't tell her yet since I'm not yet sure, don't want to cause panic. 

Anyway, we'll talk about it later in detail... first I have to read this Dark Wizard's journal and see what's on it." Estes fixed his cravat and patted the poor lovesick demon hunter before going back inside, striding towards his table.

"Tch. Fine..." Granger drawled and reluctantly nodded and followed behind him.

Estes sat on his swivel chair and grabbed his pair of reading lenses laid beside the little telescope figurine on his table. His wooden office table had minimal decorations so he could have much space for writing. Across him was Guinevere who was busy scribbling on the folder with a CONFIDENTIAL print on the visitor's seat. His eyes wanders from the girl to the young demon hunter sluggishly entering the room. Granger looked so dispirited, another unusual look on his usually emotionless face.

To him, Granger was a rare human being. He was one of the few humans who piqued his curiosity. Why was a mere human be so cold and emotionless when they're creatures that's supposedly have lots of vigor and energy at such a young age? And when he reached adulthood, instead of picking up only one, he picked up both violin and guns. Hence the reason why he actively helped the boy to heal his scar since his time as an apprentice demon hunter. His future was bright despite his dark past. 

Just last year, for the first time since he knew the emo boy, he saw Granger picked up the guitar he neglected for years (he bought one just for the sake of getting the guitar case and to store in his evil violin) and surprisingly played a beautiful song. 

He could still remember how the people in the Monastery were deathly still so they wouldn't bother Granger play the plucked string instrument in his office. They were so used to hearing the sad tone-deaf tunes of his violin that they all thought Granger was hopeless as a musician. But boy, were they, what these kids call it, shookt to the core!