Bullet #18: Shadow Mask

"If getting wrong answers warrant me a head pat, I'll gladly do it again. Guini's head pats are worth it." Granger smiled dashingly.

Guinevere's patting hand paused which made Granger's head tilt in confusion. The purple dressed girl immediately retracted her hand and turned away from Granger. When the young marksman walked closer to Guinevere, he saw her trying to cover her face.

"Guini?"

Granger was really worried that he teased her too much. His voice was softer than ever. There was deafening silence, it made the budding awkward atmosphere heavier.

Was he out of line, he thought. He was afraid that their friendship might crumble if he yearns something more.

All of a sudden, Guinevere giggled. Her jade green eyes were sparkling.

"Huh?"

"Gosh, Grangey! Harith's adorableness is rubbing off on you! You're such a big kitty!"

"What?"

'He really likes being patted. Maybe being Harith's roommate influences his likes and dislikes. Pffft! Kitty Grangey! What a sight!' Guinevere remembered Granger wearing cat ears last night. It was quite a sight indeed.

"I'll give you free head pats anytime. Even if you don't ask for it so you don't have to make mistakes, silly!"

"Yes...I will not make a mistake ever again." Granger nodded resolutely, his words containing various meanings.

Guinevere ruffled Granger's hair. She then walked towards the first room with double doors, leaving Granger in deep thought.

"Anyway...let's get back on track, Grangey~"

And with that, Granger snapped out from his own musings. The awkward silence was lifted and they continued their tour.

"Ooh! And this second largest room is used as a lounge area. I usually do my handicrafts here...."

On the other hand....

"Pfft!! Hah! Take that Cringer! My sister once again evaded his advances!" Lancelot snickered to himself.

He has been following the two since earlier. Of course he chose Odette's reward so he will only guard Guinevere from a far and try not to ruin their day. But if the situation needs it, he will surely kick that young scar-faced marksman out of their castle. That's a good enough excuse, he thought.

"Thank goodness my sister is little bit dense!" Lancelot wiped off the tears on his eye.

He was really enjoying Granger's suffering from the friend-zone. The only thing that was hindering his enjoyment was that he couldn't laugh out loud or else, his little sister will find out about it and would probably snitch on him. If Odette finds out, he will have to say goodbye to the reward and be an ugly duckling for a month or longer!

Lancelot shook his head an meditated. He has to think positively!

Lancelot imagines Guinevere using Athena's Shield while Granger shoots his shots filled with flirty words. Then Guinevere uses his sword that is dipped with Anti-Cringer potion he brewed in his imagination to slash and swish all Cringer's advances.

Lancelot sucked in air and breathed it all out. He smiled triumphantly. It is always good to think positive.

Going back to reality, he was relieved when Guinevere kept on evading his advances albeit unknowingly.

"I wonder how she became so oblivious to all her admirers?? Oh well, that works for me though...Maybe one of her magic experiments on herself went wrong that made her this dense?" He murmured to himself.