Bullet #35: Crescendo

Friday came as fast as lightning. The AlucardxGranger ship was getting larger at each release of volumes, the amount of people lining up was twice the number from the last time. Guinevere and Ruby were currently lining up for the new volume of the AlucardxGranger Comic Series.

The two girls were both masked and cloaked, some of the people lining up were also hiding their identities because most people in the capitol looks down on these type of literature. Fanfictions were considered weird and taboo in the city where most heroes live. Their female fans doesn't mind but the male fans of the heroes are making a big deal out of it. There had been many fanwars due to that, both online and offline (some even fight just outside the arena)! And shipping heroes became more troublesome when there were swirling rumors how there are heroes who are hunting down fanfic authors, especially the demon hunters! Hence the reason why Ruby was scared when Guinevere found out of her secret.

Now Guinevere was scared for herself as well. Her decision of not letting anyone find out about her identity strengthened. Yes, even, in the club! If Granger finds out about it, she was afraid he would break ties with her and resent her for life. Or worse, he might even use her in his target shooting practice and kill her, then throw her to an unknown forest so ferocious beasts could eat her dead corpse! Guinevere's imaginations ran far and got more wild at each passing second.

But she also noticed there were also people who didn't bother hiding their identities. They must be either curious shoppers or foreigners. Moniyan Capitol was really a hotpot for diverse people!

Ruby's eyes saw two girls coming out of the book shop, carrying paper bags and were immersed in a conversation. One was wearing a penguin onesie and the other was wearing a fox mask.

"OMG! Fellow members! Nice seeing you guys here!" Ruby and the two girls squealed in delight.

"Ruru!" The penguin girl flailed on of her hands, making her look like a wacky inflatable air dancer.

"Oh! GB, these guys are my fellow members at the club!"

Ruby had been calling her in that nickname since they met earlier at the back alley of the arena after their schedules. It was what she wrote on their official club recruitment form since she didn't want anyone finding about her secret. She got chills when Ruby told her Granger and Alucard were hunting down the fanfic authors and so she decided to use some code names.

"Yo! I'm Kuri, nice to meet you!" The fox girl saluted.

"Gummy is my name and shipping heroes is my game! Welcome to the club!" The penguin girl whispered and did a 90 degrees bow. The life of being a shipper was hard at times like this.

"Oh my! H-Hello! Pleased to meet you guys as well, I'm Gui-- I mean, I'm GB, the new member. Please take care of me!" She greeted nervously and bowed as well, her hoodie almost falling so she grabbed it frantically.

"Careful. Safety first!"

Ruby saved Guinevere from blowing her cover since there were many curious onlookers passing by. Next time, they should wear wigs, she thought.

"True but woah! A new member! Welcome to the club, GB!" The girl with a fox mask patted Guinevere's shoulder as if she was an old time friend.

"Don't worry Miss GB, I'm a newbie as well and I'm from Nost Gal! But our club is fun and made me feel at home!" The penguin girl gave Guinevere an assuring smile.

'Oh my! The members sure are very welcoming!' Guinevere smiled at their warm welcome, her fangirling heart swelled up and felt warm as well!

"Oh and please do come because I'll be bringing some of Queen Aurora's new frozen treats!"

"Oh my! Like Brainfreezers?!"