Bullet #45: Giocoso

Somewhere in Lightborn Capitol...

Two distinct figures were seriously conversing in an shabby looking office. One was standing by the door, while the other was calmly sitting at a messy office table, littered with crumpled papers, coffee cups and gum wrappers. The place was the opposite of the refined looking people inside the room.

"Boss?"

"Come again?"

"I said I'm quitting, Boss. I'm done with all this bullshit."

"Tsk. This is how you repay me for all the kindness I poured into you?!"

 The pencil the person has been holding the entire time snapped in half, a menacing aura engulfed that person. She was so stressed and her mind and body was tired with all the pending deadlines.

"Never mind, I don't need you anyway. Out! Go before I  kick you out!"

"I was on my way, anyway. Excuse me, unlike you dear sister, I have a date

The door slammed shut and the person sitting on the swivel chair flipped the wooden table in fits of anger.

"Gah! It's okay. It's okay." She mumbled to herself as she picked up the fallen papers scattered on the wooden floor. "I need to relocate tsk!"

"I can do this alone. I'll finish what I have started. I'll get that top author position again this month. I am the best-selling author for months now, all I need to do is get one more award to get that Author of the Year award!" She laughed maniacally.

"Yes. I am the best!"

x

"What I want...is you..."

Guinevere's brows furrowed.

'Oh Gord he's so shameless! To think I felt sorry for accusing him as a pervert for that accidental kiss years ago!' Guinevere started to boil with anger.

'He's really a pervert that doesn't deserve my pity and apology!! That's it, I must punish this insolent buffoon!' She stood up, preparing her dominant leg to aim his anterior groin so he couldn't replicate. 

The moment Guinevere spoke up, the blonde man also started his speech at the same time.

"I'm sorry, mister. I don't even know you but I would never give myself to anyone other than Gran--"

"....to be my dance partner! Would you do me the honors, and dance with a humble man like me, my lady?" The blonde Demon Hunter even knelt to the ground and held out his gloved hand.

"Eh?"

"Huh?"

They both looked at each other with questioning gaze. Both of them blinked and an awkward silence befell on them. The blonde man innocently looked up at her, but Guinevere inwardly wanted to bury herself.

She couldn't believe she misunderstood his intentions!

'AAAAHH! I hope he didn't heard me! I blame all the R-19 fanfics I have ever read! My mind has been polluted! You're the shameful one here Guinevere Baroque!' Inner Guinevere wanted to kick herself and dig up a hole in the ground, and probably hide forever.

"Did you say something, my lady?"

"It's n-nothing. So the reward you wanted was a dance... with me as your partner?" Guinevere coughed and tried acting like she never said anything shameful.