Bullet #52: Encore part 5

{{A/N: 2nd to the last part of Granger's Past arc. here ya go~~ enjoy!}}

Snap! Boom!

"ROAR! Feel the fire of rage!"

Minotaur slammed his mighty hammer at the sealed barrel filled with toxic mana that were being suppressed with Angela's strings. The strings were blessed with holy light and disinfected with moonlake water by Rafaela and Estes respectively.

The two were in charge of disposing the cursed mana at the basement of the hospital and they found this combo effective and much more efficient at eliminating it.

"Yey! That was the last! Smile, Mister Minotaur!" Angela cheered.

"Jolly good! Now the surgery would start!" Minotaur high fived the robot girl.

It was already morning, near lunch when the last dark mana was drawn out. Everyone was exhausted so there was a small lunch break for the core team. This was by far the longest operation they had done.

As the two re-entered the operating room, they saw Miss Violet wiping Mister Death Chanter's cold sweat. She was now sitting beside the operating table, conserving her energy for the upcoming surgery.

Angela was relieved to see Guinevere finally resting and smiling since she had been standing for hours and constantly using her mysterious healing power. She's been a fan for a year now but she never knew her idol had such skill.

Angela's mechanical heart would go overdrive whenever Miss Violet would whisper encouraging and loving words to the Death Chanter's ear which, in turn, would elicit a slight reaction like hand-twitching or grunting.

But earlier, right after the draining session, she caught Miss Violet crying while talking to the unconscious Death Chanter. The scene made Angela's mechanical heart break.

She was happy she got selected to be part of this operation team but she felt bad seeing her fave heroes and fave ship like this in person.

Yes, that's right. She's been secretly shipping these two heroes ever since she watched the epic battle between Mister Alucard's team versus Sir Lancelot's team.

It was also Miss Violet's first fight at the arena. Angela saw an undeniable chemistry when Granger stopped and continued staring at the AFK Guinevere who charged to the turrets instead of shooting her down. 

After that, Angela saved lots of clips from the two heroes' replay matches uploaded online and made fanmade videos but she didn't post them, afraid of the backlash from the Death Chanter's fans. So she resorted to writing her own fanfictions and published some of them for keeps.

But she didn't know her published books would gain recognition in a popular blog run by a mysterious literature group.

One day, when she was checking her published books, she accidentally bumped to one of her readers. It was none other than Miss Violet's sister in law, Mrs. Odette Baroque! She was actually part of the mysterious who recommended her written works in their blog.

Then long story short, she became the youngest member of the book club for women who reads romantic novels and make literary pieces weekly and anonymously. 

They had separate reading sessions of lemons and fluffs, and since Angela was still a minor, she could only attend the fluff sessions but it was okay because on fluff session, they also discuss the fanarts she could find online.

They weekly hold their book reading at a little hostel managed by Mr. Squeaky Clean Zhask. He would only smile if we bring him cleaning supplies and cupcakes with pink icing.