Bullet #3: Super Sundae Special

10 minutes later...

'How did I end up sharing a table with Mister Granger?? This is too awkward!' Guinevere mentally ranted.

There was only one table left. Most tables were occupied by students coming from different magic schools. She even saw Lylia, the freshman she got acquainted when she was on her last years at the academy, along with three cute young mages. Oh to be a young mage student of the Magic Academy! 

But back to her present situation...

'I'm too scared and embarrassed to face him! And why is he wearing a mask? I couldn't see his reaction! It's unfair!' She whined internally. She just kept looking at the cute succulent on the table.

While Guinevere was spacing out, Granger was enjoying himself, taking random pictures and posting it on his Instagram. It was a sudden hit. He didn't know that what he posted will be the start of a very funny rumour.

'I can't even look at him in the eye... why did I even told the cashier to take his time?!' Guinevere was regretting her words earlier.

Oh for her love of cream puffs! Her comfort food.

An audible sigh escaped her mouth.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" Granger suddenly asked.

"N-no! Don't think that!" Guinevere defended. She racked her genius brain for an excuse.

"It's just... I can't imagine that you like sweets..." She started. Well it was true. With those scary red eyes and not to mention the terrifying scar on his left eye.

"Plus with your features and how you act... you're scary..Please don't take it seriously." She said awkwardly. She can feel her cheeks burning from the awkward situation.

"Don't worry. I get it." Granger nodded in understanding, his voice softening bit by bit.

He put his vibrating phone on his jacket's pocket.

"Sometimes people don't understand me because I can't express my emotions well." He said as he looked into her eyes. Red orbs meeting green ones.

Guinevere gulped.

"That's why I have less friends... and I have a weird way to make friends."

'Weird way? I think I don't want to know..' Guinevere mentally prayed.

Before the air gets anymore awkward, their attention went towards the table across them. Lylia was with her classmates, Nana, Harith and a kid wearing a different uniform, who happens to be Lesley Vance's younger brother, Harley. Harith and Harley were having a verbal spar.

"Awwe cute!" Guinevere couldn't help herself.

Granger only hummed.

"Are they on a double date? Look how red Harith's cheeks are!"

"Umm... I don't think they're dating." Granger was puzzled, the four were probably studying for their upcoming Inter-Magic School  Battle qualifying exams. Harley was probably making fun of Harith's absent front tooth.

"Still, the two looks cute ohoho!" Guinevere couldn't stop herself.

"Interesting." Granger said.

Guinevere caught herself on a fangirl mode.

'Oh no! I hope he didn't noticed my fujoshi tendencies!' Guinevere mentally cried.

"Here are your orders!" The waiter brought the snacks over.

'Oh thank God!' Guinevere's mood lit up.

The waiter put the orders on the table. Granger took his box of doughnuts and stood up.

"Well, I better get going now."

Guinevere noticed there was an extra sundae and called for the waiter.

"Wait! I didn't order this!"

"Oh, I did and paid it for you." Granger said, surprising Guinevere.

"Huh?" Confusion was evident on Guinevere's doll-like face.

"You wanted the Super Special Sundae, right?" Granger started, which made Guinevere tilt her head more.

Granger said something under his breathe that Guinevere couldn't hear then he proceeded, "I told you I have a weird way to make friends."

Before he walked away, he bid her a goodbye.

"See you later Miss Violet. Tell Asslot I said 'Hi'."

Guinevere was speechless.

'W-What is this feeling??! I can't stop blushing!' Guinevere cupped both of her cheeks.

"Come on Harith, let's go home before you get yourself kicked out from this Cafè. I bought some doughnuts and Alucard messaged me that he bought some new toys." Granger grabbed Harith.

When Guinevere heard it, she was on her fangirling mode again.

'OMG!! THEY'RE LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSE? AND HARITH WAS THEIR ADOPTIVE SON?' Guinevere was delighted with the new found (one-sided) information. She covered her mouth before she could squeal in delight.

A new misunderstanding formed inside her head.