Bullet #21: Hot Chocolate

"Seriously?" Granger's eyes shone in interest instead of horror.

"Oh my. You really are not scared haha! Brother Lancelot was shaking when he heard that part!" Guinevere giggled.

"I'm more sad by the wife's betrayal though..." Granger said with all honesty.

Guinevere caught on to his melancholy. She knew Granger was also like the Bloody Duke; a war orphan whose parents died at the hands of the demons. But her on the other hand, whose parents are still alive and kicking, were running away from them. Well, she had all the right reasons to flee from her toxic and controlling parents. Guinevere reached out her hand to Granger's cold ones and squeezed it. Assuring him that she was there for him. Her warmth was passed on to Granger.

"Ahh...now I feel like not continuing the story if you're going to be sad, Grangey."

"Between us two,it's you who look more sad. But no. You are ought to finish the ghost story you started." Granger squeezed her soft and dainty hands back. Besides he was no longer sad because he acquired something more joyous.

"Fine...hmm... What happened next? Oh right..." Guinevere mumbled before continuing where she left off.

"And as if mocking him, he found out that the rumors were not true. He found a list of humans who were allies with the demons. And his wife's family was never listed in the first place. Once again, his heart were torn to pieces. And the boiling rage took a toll on him. He went on a killing spree inside these walls he called his home. He didn't spare anyone even the family of the servants. After the massacre, he made his way to the master bedroom a.k.a. this room, and sat on the bed where his wife's corpse lay.

They said after he found out that the rumors were false, he dug up his wife's corpse and lay it on the bed. The Imperial Knights Order caught wind of the massacre in the Braidwood Castle and hastily made their way to imprison the duke. Then they found him dead."

"Damn. So the rumors were false! Killing the love of his life on his own hands. It really was heart wrenching." Granger commented.

"See?! I told you you were going to be sadder if you heard it!" Guinevere pouted, regretting telling him a tragic horror story.

"It's okay. Carry on." Granger once again squeezed Guinevere's hand which startled her.

She forgot that she was still holding Granger's hand! She released his hand and grabbed a cookie as an excuse. After stuffing her mouth with cookies, she gulped it down with the hot chocolate, careful not to get a choco mustache.

"A-Anyways...they said it was a horrifying sight. His clothes were bloody, both from the people he killed and from his own. His wife's severed head was on his lap looking up at him. And to make it more nightmarish, his head was sliced only halfway through. His sword was still stuck on his neck!

Few days later, the empire sent people to clean up the mess inside the castle. And they would hear heavy footsteps and clinking of swords here and there. Some said that they saw an apparition of the Duke with the sword stuck on his neck floating on the hallways. And the same can be said from the accounts of our Swan Servants."

Guinevere finished the tale of the Bloody Duke. Granger picked up a cookie and dipped it on his chocolate drink.

"It really was an interesting ghost story. But somehow, you're not scared at all." Granger rested his chin on his palm.

"Well, that's because the Bloody Duke doesn't bother me despite causing a ruckus for my experiments haha! And besides, the living is much more scarier than the lonely ghosts." Guinevere laughed at the memory of using his brother as her lab rat for her experiments.

"There were so much bloodshed in these walls. So I guess that's the reason why the Princess Silvanna approved of making this palace a replica of the Swan Palace in the Azure Lake?"

"Correct! This part of the Moniyan Empire's land needed purification and sister Odette and brother found the price of this palace cheaper than the other castles near the city center." Guinevere smiled fondly at the two who she considered as her guardians.

Aside from that, this place was far from Gorge, her hometown. Before Guinevere could recall the bitter memories of her past, Granger snapped her out from her thoughts.

"Is the Bloody Duke the only ghost that resides here? He killed many people right? What about their ghosts?" Granger shot her lots of questions which made Guinevere giggle.

"Well...according to our Swan Maids, it was said that he devoured their souls hence why he was called the Evil Ghost of the Braidwood Castle. And no, he's not the only wandering spirit that graces this palace. There's another one but she's usually seen at the Kitchens. She's called the Eerie Ghost Lady of the Kitchens." Guinevere fiddled on her phone and clicked 'Thunder Sound effects'.

Granger laughed at the girl's attempt on spooking him. He just realized her efforts in giving him a good experience of her story telling. She even made sure that the ambiance was fit for the story and there were sound effects too. And for that, he was grateful.

"Wow. That ghost have a long name." Granger snorted.

"I know right! My brother was the one who named her that since he was the one who caught the ghost on tape. We just call her Kitchen Ghost Girl when he's not around." Guinevere covered her mouth and laughed.

"Hmm...now I'm curious of the video."

"Ooh! I think I still have the video. Wait let me search it up on our groupchat..."

Guinevere fiddled on her phone again and dug up for the video which were buried deep in the groupchat where the three of them, Guinevere, Lancelot and Odette, were the only members.

"Last year, my brother installed security cameras in and out of the castle to prove the Bloody Duke's existence but he caught something different. Oh! Found it! The video is really eerie. When I watch it, it still gives me the creeps."

Guinevere then moved from her relaxing spot and sat next to Granger so they both could see that video.

In the video, the ghost lady was seen wearing a white dress that touches the floor. It was floating towards the refrigerator, it stood there for a while then it lowered its head and started doing erratic movements.

The video had no sounds other than the howling wind. It wasn't clear if the window in the kitchen were open because it was dark. The video only focuses towards the part where the entrance of the kitchen was as well as the refrigerator. Then suddenly the ghost lady closed the refrigerator and leaped towards the exit. The video ended at that.

"That's... I can't find the right words..." Granger reviewed the video once more.

"Oh my! I know right?! I also had the same reaction. It was so creepy especially the way she stood in front of the open refrigerator dauntingly. Ever since I saw the video, I never went out of my room to get midnight snacks ever again!" Guinevere rubbed her hands.

Granger glanced at Guinevere. He can't help but grin from ear to ear. It was as if he found something hilarious.

"Eh? What's wrong, Grangey?"

《A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE I FOUGHT AGAINST A GUINEVERE AND GRANGER PLAYERS lol

《A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE I FOUGHT AGAINST A GUINEVERE AND GRANGER PLAYERS lol》