Bullet #38: Cadenza

《A/N: This chapter is dedicated to all of you, my fellow shippers ehehehe tag yourselves in the introduction part. also please don't kill me on the last part ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚

"M-Motel...?? Pfft!! This isn't a motel, GB! PUHAHAHAHA!!" Ruby chortled loudly, she almost rolled on the floor while laughing her butt off.

"Eh? But the sign!" Guinevere pointed at the huge pink and blue neon lights with a cursive sign was plastered between the ground and second floor.

"It's Moonton Hostel. Seriously, Mister Zhask should get the neon lights fixed!" 

"Oh...I see!" Guinevere saw the lights finally turned on on the other letters.

It was actually Moonton Hostel, it read when the lights flickered on for three seconds before going off again. The lights were flickering on and off on certain letters, making some passerby and those who are new to the neighborhood mistake it for a Motel. 

"It looks a bit run down on the outside, yeah? But you'll be amazed with the interior! C'mon, GB!" Ruby dragged the girl in purple cloak towards the old building. 

"Good afternoon Mister Zhask!" The eye-patched girl greeted the man at the front desk, he looked like a tall humanoid invertebrate wearing a cute frilly apron. The man looked up from his desk that he was busily dusting and only nodded at the loud human girl.

Ruby was right. The interior was very, very different from the exterior. In fact, it was the direct opposite of the front! The whole place was lit up brightly, neat and clean. The walls were bathed in creamy white paint, the pots of plants looked neatly trimmed and carefully grown. It had a homey yet modern rustic interior design, making anyone who enters the building feel like they're tranquil and at home. 

"He's the manager of this place. Look how neat the place is! He's a total clean freak! One time, he didn't let me in because of my dirty rain boots. So I had to go up barefooted!" Ruby whispered, avoiding the gaze of two smaller versions of Mister Zhask who was busy wiping the tiled floor. Guinevere only nodded in understanding and made sure she didn't dirtied the floor. Thankfully she was wearing her clean and soundless sneakers. She didn't want to get kicked out before even officially joining the club.

The two girls went to the third floor where the dormitory rooms were and Ruby shortly toured her around. They quietly passed by the first floor which was for single rooms, the second floor for couples. Which left the last floor for the dormitory-like rooms. All the occupants of the rooms here were surprisingly from the different Book Clubs.

"Seriously? This is like a safe haven for bookworms like us! Oh my goodness!" Guinevere gushed at the idea that those who rented out the dormitories on the third floor were all dedicated book reading club members.

"I know right?! This place is a safe space for shippers as well! Each room is sound proof too, so we could all scream and shout all we want as we fangirl!" Ruby said excitedly as they passed by the two large rooms.

One had a sign of G.L. Book Club which was the sister organization of the YS Book Club. While the other one has a cross-stitch frame with The Ladies' Book Club. Guinevere stared at that room, ger eyes burning with curiosity.

"Ah, that one's the just a regular book club room. Mostly older women and grannies visit the place so we assumed it's a Book Club for Old Ladies. They're very kind though, they usually gives out basket of pies and cookies!" Ruby whispered as she pointed at the pastel blue door with glittery silver linings. "I sometimes see Madame Pharsa there..."

"Oh wow! That's so nice of them!" Guinevere smiled. Looks like she'll enjoy visiting this place as well despite the long journey. They have kind neighbors! Amd they were grannies! Oh hoe she missed her grandma on her mother's side.