Bullet #43: Rhapsody

Still the same day but at The Pastry Shop...

As the soft and calming music played on the speakers, a man wearing a t-shirt merch with an "I HEART THIEF KING" print, Gusion baseball cap with the same color as his natural brown hair and a Death Chanter face mask merch, could be seen sitting all alone at the table near the cafe's french windows.

"She's probably not coming again..."

The man groaned impatiently and took a bite of the chocolate cream puffs he bought. The sweet taste of milk chocolate melted in his mouth. It was actually not bad, he thought.

Instead of throwing the box to the trash, he might as well consume the baked goods. The money wasn't his but from his crazy superior's pocket. He'll just consider this as a little pay back for his superior's CRAZY mentality. She was older but much more childish that him on the inside.

He took out the letter inside the box and placed it inside his golden Tigreal backpack. He didn't know what the letter contains, and he didn't want to know. 

But with how his superior was acting, the contents of the letter were probably bunch of compromise and pleading that the Death Chanter's ongoing investigation of that incident at the Haunted Castle be stopped.

The masked man heaved a deep sigh and massaged the bridge of his tall nose. They were doomed! The Death Chanter was one step away from finding out the culprits for that accident but his superior was hell bent on getting her letters delivered to Miss Violet.

He was so tired of going back to this place just to buy pastries for a certain noble lady with doll-like features and green eyes in behalf of his superior. He definitely did not signed up for this. If not for the peace treaty and that wretched woman's blatant threats, he would never do this shameful thing!

'The hell is that crazy woman thinking?! A dignified person like me shouldn't be even doing this!' The young man angrily thought as he throw the baseball cap to the two-sitter cushioned seat he was sitting on. Though he was usually cranky, he didn't dare show his true self while he was on this shameful mission.

The masked man ruffled his platinum blonde hair out of frustration. He would do anything just to not tarnish his reputation and not be part of her damned masterpiece.

"Gah! It's that stupid rat's fault!" He hissed to himself before slurping on the iced black coffee that he ordered earlier out of boredom.

If his foolish aid hadn't gone M.I.A., he would have never be assigned to this arduous mission. He was even wearing this pathetic disguise since his cover was almost blown three days ago! He didn't even have a choice since it was his crazy superior who picked the outfit.

"Who the fuck loves that kleptomaniac monkey breath?" He grumbled as he looked down on the shirt he was wearing, eyes full of disdain. 

Few people in the cafe looked at him weirdly but soon went back to their own business when he glared at them with a murderous glint.

If only he had any other choice, he would have escaped by now, but he couldn't risk his reputation! He was known to be a frightening yet honorable young master, not a creepy stalker! He would never allow to lose his face!

He was sure his blood related superior would have an escape route. She was after all a very smart and crafty person. But would that deranged woman bring him along? Did he made the right choice of following her??

As the masked man contemplates over his life choices, time slowed down when his eyes caught sight of a suspicious girl wearing face mask and red hoodie walk past outside the window. She had doll-like features and green eyes!