Chapter Twenty Three : Giving up

( Edited ~ ) 

' Well I should probably go now chibi-chan ' Oikawa stood up. 

' Ehh already? ' you frowned. You liked his company, it somehow makes you feel safe since he always consider your feelings and thoughts. You could say that Oikawa is also one of your best friends that you value very much.

' Don't tell me.... ' his face paled with shock. 

' Tell you what? ' you asked tilting your head. 

' That you're falling in love with me, chibi-chan ' Oikawa winks, making you roll your eyes at his dramatic behavior. You punched his arm and soon you both burst out laughing, resulting in more glares and ' tsk ' from Kageyama. 

' I'm joking. I'm joking ' Oikawa said eyeing at Kageyama and leaned down to your ears to say ' I think you should shoot your shot chibi-chan! ' and waved goodbye. You blushed at his words and shyly waved back at him. 

' I wonder what Oikawa-san said to Y/N ' Kageyama's thoughts were haunting him until Hikari decided to interfere. 

' You know, if you like her, you should just tell her ' she said. 

' W-what are you talking about? ' he panicked. 

' Y/n-chan of course! '

' Was it that obvious ? ' he sighed. 

' Kind of ' 

' Kind of ' 

Kageyama slumped his shoulders ' I don't know if she feels the same way about me ' 

' Well, you never know until you try ' Hikari beamed. Kageyama slightly smile back. 

You saw this little exchange between Kageyama and Hikari at a distance, stirring up stings in your heart. Of course, you know that Hikari is your friend and would never do anything of the sort, but you just can't help feeling..... what's the word again? Oh right. Jealous.

' Ne, y/n-chan! Are you free after this? ' Haru asked pulling you out of your thoughts. 

' After this? ' 

' You know, the fireworks? ' Haru asked. 

' Ohh.., yeah I'm free..why do you ask? ' 

' I was just wondering if you'd like to watch them on the school's roof top with me ' he blushed. 

' O-oh..s-sure ' you said awkwardly with a tone of sadness, since you hoped you could watch it with Kageyama. Haru noticed this and frowned ' I know you like him Y/n-chan but why couldn't you see me and look at me?..... I should probably talk to Kageyama-kun. ' 

Soon, the class café was closed and all four of you got back into your school uniforms. 

' Kageyama-kun, can we talk for a bit in private ? ' Haru asked, causing both you and Hikari to look his way. 

' Tch..for what? ' he spoke monotonously. 

' Oi bakayama! Don't be so rude to Haru-kun ' you said punching his arm and nudging him to follow Haru. 

' Fine..fine I'll go ' he walked towards the door, finally giving in.

Haru and Kageyama walked for a while, putting distance between you and them. 

' So what did you want to talk about? ' Kageyama asked when Haru finally stopped walking. 

' Do you like Y/n-chan? ' Haru blurted out, leaving Kageyama somehow shocked but no way was he gonna display the expression on his face.

' Tch..what does it have to do with you? ' he replied venom laced in his tone. 

' Just answer my question...please. ' Haru said firmly. There was so much tension between the two that you could literally cut it off like a slice of cake.

' I do, and I don't want to give her up if that's what you want to talk to me about ' Kageyama finally said sternly looking straight into Haru eyes. 

' Alright then... ' Haru sighed ' Keep her happy for me okay? ' 

Kageyama gave him a confused look which Haru shrugged off with a light laugh consisting a tint of sadness ' If you make her sad, I'll make you regret it ' 

' Huh? What are you talking about? ' a clueless Kageyama yelled after Haru as he walked away towards your direction. Soon, both of them caught up to you and Hikari. 

Haru walked towards you with a sad smile ' Sorry Y/n-chan. I can't watch the fireworks with you now. Something came up. ' 

' Is everything okay? ' you asked to which he nodded and bid goodbye to all three of you

' I guess I'm gonna need some time to recover from this rejection that didn't even happen ' Haru laughed to himself as he walked back home. 

Meanwhile, you, Hikari and Kageyama were walking around the school campus when Hikari got a phone call from her mom, urging her to come home.

' Sorry guys but I have to go too. My mom needs help with preparing dinner since guests are coming over ' she said as she waved goodbye , leaving only the both of you.

( A/N : I'm back with another chapter. I hope you liked this. I'm also here for some help since I cannot decide and this book is drawing near it's end T_T. So here's the question : 

Do you guys want to make a move on kageyama during the next chapter? Or do you want me to put in some more other scenes?

Please comment what you think and what you want me to do, since that'd help me a lot. 

Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a good day/night! )