Chapter Twenty : Losing

( Edited~ ) 

The next morning ~ 

You opened your eyes slowly, the sunlight hurting your eyes a bit. 

' Finally awake boke? ' kageyama asked you with a slight blush. Only after that you realized you slept on kageyama's shoulder the whole night, resulting in your cheeks flushing with pink. 

' H-how long has you been awake? ' you stuttered a bit. 

' Bed hair looks cute on her ' he thought before answering ' Not long ago, besides you weren't that heavy'. You blushed even more hearing his morning sleepy voice. 

' Come on, get up sleepyhead. I'll make us breakfast ' he said and you both got up. He showered first and changed into his jersey that you wore on Friday. 

' My jersey smells like her now...shit..I might really have a heart attack. This whole thing is bad for my heart' he thought. You changed into a black V neck shirt and some sweatpants. You put your hair into a bun and went downstairs to the kitchen. The smell of pancakes making its way to your nostrils, your stomach growled and kageyama laughed at you. 

' That was the loudest growl that I've ever heard in my life ' You glared at him, but your glare was soon replaced by a smile as you put a piece of pancake into your mouth

' That was the loudest growl that I've ever heard in my life ' You glared at him, but your glare was soon replaced by a smile as you put a piece of pancake into your mouth. Who knew Kageyama was such a good cook. 

' You're surprisingly a good cook bakayama ' you said with pancakes stuffed in your mouth. 

' My sister taught me how to make them ' he said as he continue to eat. You both hung around a bit before kageyama went back to his house around  1 pm. 

Time Skip ~

Finally, the day arrived. Yes, Aoba Johsai Vs Karasuno. The most nerve-wrecking match that you'll ever watch but you have faith in your team. You know how hard they've worked and practiced for this. It's only natural that your team gets what they deserve but you also know that Aoba Johsai is not going down without a fight. 

You guys arrived at the gym and the boys started warming up. You noticed Kageyama being tensed so you decided to go over to him. 

' Hey..you okay? ' you asked. 

' Yeah..it's just I'm a bit nervous about Oikawa-san ' he said stretching. 

' Don't worry too much bakayama. You'll stress your volleyball brain ' you joked hoping to lessen his uneasiness. It worked, although he fired back ' I don't have a volleyball brain! Boke! Y/N Boke! '  but you didn't mind. The fact that you eased his nervousness was enough for you, making you break into a smile as you walk back to the bench. 

' Chibi-chann~ ' Oikawa called out running towards your direction. You waved back smiling. 

' Chibi-chan, Can I ask for my reward after the match today? '  

' Sure you can '  

' Yayy! I'm totally winning this game ' he exclaimed. 

' No, you're not! We're gonna win ' you huffed. Just as Oikawa was about to speak, a flying volleyball hit his head. 

' Oww! Iwa-chan! That was mean ' he whined. 

' Stop going around flirting with girls Trashykawa ' the man who Oikawa called Iwa-chan spoke up.  

' Sorry for our setter. I'm Iwazumi Hajime ' he said extending his hand towards you.

' Oh hi. I'm Y/n ' you said accepting his handshake. After you guys exchanged some conversation and Iwazumi apologising for Oikawa's behavior, the long waited match started. 

The match was intense and nerve-wrecking. Oikawa's serves were powerful and it impacted a lot on the team. Kageyama was put on a time-out for a while and Sugawara-san had to step in. Watching Kageyama put on the bench was heart-breaking for you. Although you knew about his past, you never brought it up since you didn't want him to be gloomy. After being smacked in some senses by Coach Ukai, Kageyama finally went back onto the court. You could see how excited he was to hold the ball again. 

(A/N : I won't go into details about the match

(A/N : I won't go into details about the match. I'm so sorry, I'm a not confident about my describing skills TvT )

Time skip~ 

Unfortunately, Karasuno lost to Aoba Johsai. You watched your team as they were crushed by the opposing team and it broke your heart. You know how much they worked for this and yet they didn't win. You were on the brink of tears as you watched your team. You asked coach Ukai to gather the team as you wanted to cheer them up. 

You cleared your throat before speaking ' We lost. We lost to Aoba Johsai but I don't think we've really lost. Think about it. You guys learned so much from this match. You tried your best. You practiced a lot. It isn't a lost if you learned from it. I know it's hard and it'll be hard, but you tried your best and I'm proud of each and everyone of you. Hell, you almost beat Aoba Johsai, a powerhouse school. So, why don't we cheer up and practice some more after this? Afterall, we're gonna beat them next match. Let's keep fighting! '

The team seemed to cheer up after your talk so it made you feel better. 

' Chibi-chann~~ ' Oikawa called out to you and you made your way to him passing your teammates. 

' Congratulations Tooru! ' you smiled genuinely. You wanted to congratulate him for winning even though your team lost. Oikawa smiled back at you. 

' So, about my reward.... ' he started but then paused for some time ' This is so nerve wrecking. I've never asked a girl out before since all the girls asked me out but she is different. I like her. I think this is the first time I've ever feared about rejection.  '

' Yes? ' you asked curiously. 

' Go on a date with me chibi-chan ! ' he yelled. Obviously, your team and his team heard it. Probably the whole gym heard it. You stopped functioning at his words. Not knowing what to say, you just stood there. 

' I'll text you the details! ' he said as he ran back to his team waving goodbye to you, not waiting for your answer. 

Meanwhile Kageyama was cursing himself mentally ' Firstly, I lost the game. No way in hell am I gonna lose her ' 

( A/N : Oof I'm so sorry for this shitty chapter. I don't know how I feel about this. I've been having writer blocks and my personal life is a mess. Anyways, I hope you like this. I really do lol. Have a good day/night ~)