The Moment Of Healing

Chapter 27-

Nozomi leaned her head against the glass of the window, watching the scenery fly by as the car moved. Chiyo's driver was a quiet young man—and Nozomi was instructed by Chiyo to call him Driver-san. Apparently both Yukio and Chiyo called him that.

       "Nozomi-san?" Nozomi turned her head, looking towards Chiyo.

       "Yes?" She responded softly at the young girl. Chiyo twiddled with her thumbs, her cheeks round as she opened her mouth to speak;

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Nozomi almost choked on nothing.

"N-No, no. I don't." She immediately responded.

"Then who was Hanako-san talking about-

"A friend. A very close friend of mine." Nozomi assured.

It was silent again in the car. Chiyo seemed to be playing with a plush bear that was in the car. Nozomi watched as each bright white street lamp passed.

"We're almost there." The driver said. Nozomi looked up.

"Oh, um—thank you . . . . . Driver-san." She said awkwardly. The driver waved a hand in response.

How did they end up convincing the Takahashi family's driver to sneak them out and drive Nozomi to the train station, you may ask? Well it was simple;

Chiyo kept on nagging him until he said yes.

"We're here." Nozomi's eyes widened as she looked out the window, seeing the sight of a train station get closed as the car pulled over. The car stopped, and Nozomi unbuckled her seatbelt, opening the car door. Chiyo followed her, wanting to see her one last time before they parted.

The driver opened the trunk up, taking out Nozomi's suitcase and rolling it over to her.

"Are you sure you can find your way on your own?" The driver asked, checking the time.

"Yes. Thank you very much for taking me here." Nozomi bowed politely, before turning to Chiyo.

"Thank you so much, Chiyo-kun." Nozomi smiled, kneeling down on her knee. She tried her best not to get her dress dirty, fisting the ends of it above the concrete ground.

"I'm gonna miss you, Nozomi-san." Chiyo responded, her eyes watery and her cheeks puffed.

"Me too." Nozomi leaned forward, giving Chiyo a quick hug before standing up again.

"Thank you again, Driver-san." She bowed once more, her hands clutching her suitcase and phone. The driver saluted in return.

She swiftly spun on her feet, dragging her suitcase with her has it rolled on the concrete.

"Thank you!" She yelled once more, waving at Chiyo and the driver before fully turning around and speeding inside.

It was a bit crowded inside. Nozomi pushed through people, apologizing as she did. It reminded her of that day she went to the aquarium with Oikawa, how his hand tightly held hers as he led her through the station.