The Moment Of Recovery

Chapter 38-

      Hanako was worried.

      Now gotten used to the older sister vibe, she was able to keep a close eye on Nozomi. That, and she got to spend time with her dear sister. However, her mood lately had been going up and down, it was unpredictable.

      And now this.

      Hanako tilted her head to the side. "Nozomi?"

      The grey-haired girl didn't answer, and stared blankly at her breakfast. She hadn't even moved since she sat down.

      Hanako awkwardly laughed. "Is there something wrong with the food?"

      No answer.

      What in the world, Hanako blinked. Nozomi was a quiet one, yes. But this—this wasn't just quiet. Nozomi wasn't brash enough to ignore everything. She was in a complete daze.

      Hanako sighed, standing up from her chair and leaned over the table. She poked Nozomi's forehead with the back of her chopsticks. "Hello, earth to Nozomi."

      And Nozomi blinked.

      "Oh," was all she said, and proceeded to pick up her chopsticks. She put her palms together. "Thank you for the food."

       Nozomi swallowed a chunk of rice, then cut a piece of the rolled egg off with her chopsticks.  She stared at the piece of the yellow egg, her thoughts elsewhere. The egg was very yellow.

      Like bananas.

"It was nice knowing you, Banana-chan."

Nozomi slammed her face onto the table.

"EHHH? WHY?" Hanako shrieked.

——//——

      Nozomi felt jiggly.

      She vacuously trekked through on the road, clutching on her white tote bag that hung from her shoulder. It was the weekend, and for some reason (which Nozomi had somehow forgot) she was walking outside. Where shops and markets were held.

      Her thoughts remained in one place, and one place only. She, she—

       She brought a hand to her mouth, her fingers touching her lips. They still burned.

      "—was thinking that we could—"

      "Miu-san? you listening?"

      "Hello? Earth to Miura Nozomi?"

      Oh, now she remembered why she was here. Masami had told her to meet up with her in front of a restaurant because she wanted to talk to her about something. The auburn wore a white and cobalt blue striped T-shirt, and a white denim-fabric skirt with white tennis shoes.

Nozomi wore a simple white-knitted sweater, with cropped denim skinny-jeans, along with her white sneakers.

"Miiiu-saaannnnn."

      She was brought back to reality when something plucked her forehead. She blinked, clearing her throat. "Sorry, what did you say?"