The Moment Of Remembering

Chapter 26-

        No. Just no.

        Please, no.

        Why?

        "Nozomi-san, can you tell us another story?" Chiyo asked.

        "Oh yes, Nozomi. That would be wonderful!" Hanako beamed.

        "As long as it isn't the one Chiyo keeps on telling, then I don't mind."

       "Your last one was cool! Tell another one!" A new voice said, which sounded like a male teenager.

       "Tell us a story about dragons!" Another new voice spoke, a young one.

       "No, tell us one about Superheroes!"

       "Murder!"

       "Dude, what?"

       Murder? Nozomi blankly stared at the small crowd around her. They were currently in her room at the beach house—now who might they be?

       It all started whenever Chiyo came over. It was still pretty early in the day, so Hanako's birthday party wasn't starting just yet. Nozomi was calmly reading a book in her room, and doing her schoolwork. That's when Chiyo came in.

        Chiyo was bored, and asked Nozomi to tell her a story. Reluctantly, Nozomi agreed. She told her a story about a knight, who sacrificed so much just to protect his kingdom.

       Chiyo of course, was fascinated by the story. She practically beamed with admiration as she listened to Nozomi speak.

        Cue Hanako, who walked in to check on Nozomi. Coincidentally, Nozomi was telling the story as Hanako walked in.

        Her older sister became intrigued—and decided to listen as well. Nozomi didn't mind as much, but it was strange since she never told one of her stories to Hanako before.

       Then, cue Yukio. He was playing his Nintendo Switch well walking through the halls, then abruptly bumped into the door frame of Nozomi's half-opened door.

       She should have closed the door.

       Yukio decided to listen as well. Or well, that's what it looked like. Nozomi couldn't tell if he was actually listening, or if he was daydreaming about defeating monsters in his video game.

       You would think that's where it all ends, right? Oh no, there's more.

       Nozomi's parents had decided to invite their guests early on. So when there's more parents—there are also more kids.

        After Yukio, another teenage boy—who looked about the age of a young middle-schooler, stepped into the picture. He listened as well.

        A tall girl came in next—she looked around Hanako's age, but maybe a tad bit younger.

        After that, a younger girl. Then, another boy. Two boys came in. A pair of a girl and boy came in.

        Nozomi got more and more dreadful by the minute. Her face was hot, and her heart was beating very fast.

       For one thing—she hated crowds. She loathed them. She blended in so well with them so she wouldn't be singled out—but she hated being the center of attention.

       So you can probably tell that Nozomi wasn't enjoying this in the slightest.

She was literally peak of everybody's attention now. No, literally—everyone was sitting down on the floor except for her. And everyone was just staring right at her.