The Moment Where Nozomi Has Her First Realization

Chapter 21-

       Nozomi realized she didn't want to be here.

      Well, to be truthful, she didn't want to come here in the first place. It was her dread.

      "Yes, indeed. That one also looks marvelous on you my dear." Her mother's elegant voice spread through the air of the dress shop. Nozomi sat on a far bench, silently watching her sister as she tried on numerous dresses. They had been here for almost two hours.

       The thing is, Nozomi hated shopping. She hated going to places where it was loud and noisy. And most of all, she didn't care for pretty clothes. She just wore what felt comfortable to her.

      Whether it be her I Am A Banana sweater, she didn't care. Besides, that sweater was comfortable.

      "This red one actually looks nice." Hanako draped a dress from the hanger she held in front of her, eying it. It was a dark red dress, lace stitched into the fabric. It was long sleeved, the arms having a see-through affect with lace. The bottom of the dress had a skirt that draped perfectly, not too wide but not too skinny.

       "You're right. What a beautiful design it has. Hanako dear, you really do have a sense of style." Her mother patted Hanako's shoulder, elegantly smiling at her soon to be twenty-two year old daughter.

       "Nozomi? What are you doing just sitting there? Go find a decent dress, so you don't look like an absolute train-wreck and embarrass us at your sister's birthday." Nozomi's mother gave her a look, which was not a pleasant one.

      Nozomi silently nodded, pushing herself off the bench and trudging through the isles of clothing that hung from the walls and racks.

       At least she had the chance to take a walk. Though it was inside a mall, it felt nice to stretch her legs.

      A good two minutes passed. Five minutes then passed. Seven minutes passed.

      Fifteen minutes in, and Nozomi still hadn't found even one dress appealing. A lot of the dresses were very much—revealing, which was not Nozomi's thing.

      How do people find joy in looking at clothes all day? How do people even decide what dresses to try out? What type of dress should I even try out? She tiresomely sighed, stopping in the middle of two racks of clothing that towered over her.

This was all too much for her to handle.

Nozomi proceeded to return to the bench she was sitting on, not giving a care in the world what her mother would say to her.

She'll find a dress later.

——//——

Tossing a word-filled sheet of notebook paper to the side carefully, Nozomi stretched out her arms in front of her. Yes, she knew that it was easier to type rather than write, but she preferred writing. Pencil and paper seemed more classic, and more original than boringly typing on a keyboard.

And it turns out she wasn't too bad at writing realistic fiction. Besides, it had a little charm in it to make it more interesting. Scratching her forehead, Nozomi's eyes flickered to her phone when it buzzed.

Today at 7:37 P.M

Oikawa Tooru: hey can we talk?