The Moment Of An Iron Wall

Chapter 36-

      Well, this was unexpected.

      She was in love with Oikawa Tooru.

      Like in love, in love.

      Like the boyfriend-girlfriend, in love.

      Oh god.

      "Ooooohhh, I'm excited for this one!" Masami beamed, hugging her notebook. Nozomi narrowed her eyes thoughtfully. The two teams were still warming up on their sides of the court.

She might as well try to forget these feelings for now, they might end up distracting her from what's actually important.

Not that these feelings weren't important, but she needed time to figure out how to handle them. She's never loved, loved someone as a lover before.

Not until him.

She eyed him on the court, as he threw sets to his teammates to hit. He was smiling, unforgivably smiling—unforgivably, because it made her heart feel jumpy and her head feel light.

It was unforgivable how beautiful he could be. Just unforgivable.

Nozomi suddenly wanted to embrace him. She wanted to hug him, and—and—

     She slapped her cheeks, leaving a stinging feeling on her face.

      Oh god, it was such a strange feeling. Is this what being in love was like? Perhaps, if Nozomi realized this in her house, or somewhere where she was mainly alone—

She would have freaked out way more than she is at the moment. Perhaps the realization hadn't really hit her yet.

Because Nozomi seemed surprisingly calm at the moment. Is this the calm before the storm?

     Nozomi shook her head, pushing aside those thoughts as her eyes flickered to Date Tech's banner, quickly reading what it said;

      "The Iron Wall Of Date", is what read on their turquoise banner, painted in dark turquoise.

      Iron wall. Why were they called the iron wall? It sounds strange.

      And intimidating. Because Date Tech was intimidating.

      Well, Aoba Johsai's banner said, "Rule The Court", which, in Nozomi's opinion was a bit much. Why were all banners so over the top?

      She slightly pursed her lips. Actually, as crazy as it sounds—the only school banner she actually had the decency to appreciate was, well . . .

      Johzenji's. How ironic.

      Their banner was "Simplicity and Fortitude", which by all means did not match their current team whatsoever.

      She sighed. Enough about banners. They're just a support ruse.

      "Oi, Miu-san!" Masami repeatedly patted her shoulder, nagging her to look somewhere.

      "Hm?" Nozomi hummed, looking in the direction where Masami was pointing. She wasn't pointing to anyone on the court—no, in fact—she was pointing to a group on the stands.

      "You see over there? That's Karasuno."

      Karasuno? Where did she hear that name from again?