Side Story I | The Blank Spaces

Chapter 47.3-

The first time he met her was at an ice cream stand.

       Normal enough, Iwaizumi assumed that it was common to meet people at ice cream stands. There's a line, a line of people. Sometimes, he meets people he knows.

       Sometimes, he meets someone new.

       "Iwaizumi-san, can I get ice cream?"

Iwaizumi looked down at Takeru, who looked back up at him with flat eyes.

"Sure," He nodded, scanning the amusement park for a moment. He pointed to a dart stand with multiple people standing by it. "Just wait there, I'll get it for you."

Takeru stared. "I can get it myself."

"I know, but you're underage."

"You're not my dad." The eight-year-old shot, his expression indifferent.

"But I'm still your supervisor at the moment." Iwaizumi shot back, raising his eyebrows. Takeru blinked, before sighing. "Okay, peace."

Takeru walked off towards the dart stand. Iwaizumi watched him until he stopped before turning around and heading towards the ice cream stand. The line was a bit long, much to Iwaizumi's dismay—he was that kind of an impatient guy.

He's not one to make a fuss. Unless it's getting annoyed about how Shittykawa keeps on praising himself with impure smiles, he's chill.

So what the hell was this?

"Shit," Iwaizumi cursed, having bumped into a girl and ended up smearing ice cream all over her shirt. "Sorry, I—"

        Her abruptly bowing startled him. "No, it's my fault! Because of me, you have lost your ice cream which you paid ¥500 for!"

        Iwaizumi blinked. "No—it's fine, it's actually mine, since I should have been watching where I was going—"

       "I saw you walking as I was turning around, but my reaction was slow! So it's my fault! I'm sorry!"

      Huh.

      "I spilled ice cream all over your shirt." He stated, like it was obvious—because in fact, it was. "So it's entirely my fault for walking too fast—"

       "I apologize!" Was the auburn's answer.

       He was taken aback. "Uh, shouldn't we get some napkins to wipe your shirt—"

       "Screw the shirt, it's my fault! I won't stop until you accept my apology!"

       The hell?

       There was a sense of annoyance that stirred in Iwaizumi's head. "No, I'm serious—it's not your fault—"

       "Shut up and take my apology."

        The actual hell?

        "Well I won't." He stated bluntly. "Because it was my fault."

        "But it's mine!"

       "Why are you so damn persistent? It's my fault!" His voice rose, veins popping on his forehead. However, this girl was absolutely ruthless—which honestly puzzled him so much.

       She finally stood up straight, her expression unreadable. "It was my fault!"

        "It was not!"