The Tales Of A Sea Urchin And An Apology-Part One

Chapter 22.5-

"Well, that's a wrap for today."

Students of the Student Council said their farewells, waving goodbye as they left the room. Masami stacked papers into a neat pile, tapping them on the table before handing them over to the Student Council President.

"Here you go, Prez. It's the club expenses for the art club, the knitting club, the photography club, and the cheese-burning club."

Okada Shuhei, the Student Council President carefully took the pages from Masami's hands, quickly flipping through them.

"I didn't even know we had a cheese-burning club. Is that even allowed?"

Masami scoffed. "Beats me. Besides, I'm pretty sure their club name is metaphorical."

"Really?"

"I sure hope so."

Okada scanned the file for the cheese-burning club, making all sorts of expressions. "What do they even do in that club?"

Masami gave a clueless shrug. "Gee, I don't know. Burn cheese. It was formed like, what, five—six years ago, I think?"

Okada let out a concerned grunt. "I can't say I'm not concerned about who the Student Council President was six years ago. To think, a cheese-burning club."

"What do they have against cheese? I mean, it tastes good. Sometimes." Masami laughs, crossing her arms. Okada gave a firm nod.

After a few seconds of silence, Masami cleared her throat. "Well then, I'd say we'd best be getting home now. I'll see ya tomorrow, President Okada!"

Okada looked up at her from the papers, his eyes widening slightly. "Do you need help getting home? You injured your ankle, didn't you?"

Masami stopped, her eyes trailing down to her bandaged ankle. Her ankle has been healing quite well, actually. However, soreness remained, but that didn't really bother Masami as much.

She shook her head. "Nope. I'm good. Get home safely, Prez!"

Masami waved, before fully walking out of the room. Okada's hand was held mid-air, as he was going to reach out to her. He dropped his arm to the side.

"You should also get home safely, Nakagawa."

——//——

Masami stretched her arms above her head, sighing.

Another day of hell, over, she thought pouting her lips. As she walked, she reached over to her bag that hung over her shoulder, and carefully unzipped it. Masami dug her bag thoroughly for her phone, which seemed to be lost in her un-arranged, messy pile of notebooks, papers, and gum wrappers.

"Where the hell is it?" She muttered, searching for her phone. With a blink, she finally mustered her phone out of the mess in her school bag, taking it out. As she took it out, a yellow-lined folded sticky note drifted out of her bag as well, swaying towards the ground. Masami took notice of this.

"Hm?" She bent down, slightly wincing at her sore ankle, and picked up the yellow folded  note.

But it seemed that there was some sort of writing inside.

She raised a brow as she opened it, blinking at the messily-scribbled yet legible writing.

It was a phone number.