Chapter 2: It's like he's stalking me!

Chapter 2

“I’m sorry.” I said truly, sincerely, because he looked hurt.

“Nicole, I warned you about him.”

“I know but- I just don’t know what came over me.” I looked down.

“You do know he’s probably going to tell his friends.”

“I wasn’t thinking.”

“Now you’re just one of his whores.”

I froze. How could Tyler just say that to me? I thought we were friends, he was supposed to comfort me in a situation like this, not tear me down even more.

I felt my eyes tear up and looked down.

“Nicole, I’m sorry, it’s just that I didn’t think you would fall for that act like other girls.”

“So you call me a whore?”

“No, you’re not, it just came out, I didn’t mean it, I’m so sorry.”

I reluctantly forgave him. Who else have I got? “Alright, whatever, you’re forgiven.”

“Do you want to hang tomorrow after school?”

“Sure.” I smiled. I looked at my watch. “I have to get home.”

“Alright, see you later.” He smiled and gave me a warm hug.

I walked to my car and found Haiden leaning on it. “What are you doing?” I asked him, with an obvious pissed-off expression on my face.

“Oh, this is your car? I didn’t know.” He said sarcastically.

“Well it is, now move.” I shot him a death glare.

He got off of my car. “Don’t act like what happened never did.”

“In my mind it didn’t.”

“Please, you were just as into me as I was into you, if not, even more.”

I got into my car. “You’re a dirty man whore.”

“And that’s supposed to make me upset?”

“It’s supposed to make you leave me the hell alone.” I backed out and drove home.

*********************************************************************

“Hey honey, how was your first day at school?”

“It was okay.”

“Any cute boys?”

I blushed at the thought of Tyler. “Yes.”

“Tell me about him.”

“There’s nothing really to say.”

“You should invite him over one day.”

“Mom is been only one day.”

“Well, it’s never too soon…”

“I’ll think about it.” I went to my room and put down my things. I noticed a boy in his room out of my balcony blasting music. He looked familiar but his white curtains disfigured his face. Since I’m a curious person, I went out on my balcony and pretended to read a book I grabbed out of my bookcase. He took off his shirt and plopped down on his bed. He looked like he was half-asleep so I started to get up and go back into my room until I heard a familiar voice. “Nicole?” I quickly turned around.

“Haiden?” My life couldn’t get any worse; I just can’t get away from this kid!

“I didn’t know you lived there.”

“Well now you do.” I noticed his body and I was in a trans. His abs, muscles, no wonder girls were all over him. Then again, that didn’t give him the right to act how he does. He began to put back on his shirt while I walked back into my room and closed the curtains. The doorbell rang.

I ran downstairs to see my mom talking to Haiden. How the hell did he get there so quickly?!

“Hi, so you’re the new neighbors?” He said with a smile across his face.

“Yes, I have a daughter upstairs. Nicole! Come downstairs!” I walked downstairs with my arms crossed. 

“Hi Nicole!”

“Haiden.” His smile got even bigger and I have to admit, it’s kind of cute, even better than Tyler’s. I love how whenever he smiled he put his tongue at the back of his teeth. 

“Great! You guys know each other!” My mom said clueless. “I’m just about to finish making dinner. You can stay if you’d like.”

My life is completely over. “No!” I said while he said “sure.”

“Why not, Nicole?” My mom said crossing her arms.

“Well, it’s just, you didn’t make enough food.”

“Sure I did.”

“Oh, great.” I tried to sound enthusiastic but it was an epic fail.

Haiden and I went to the living room and sat on the couch in awkward silence.

“Do you have any siblings?” He said, breaking the silence.

“No.”

“Where’s your dad?”

“I’d rather not talk about it.” Tears came to my eyes but I quickly blinked them away.

*Flashback*

I was 4 but I still remember this like it was yesterday. A robber came into our house and while my dad tried to fight him off, my mom and I hid in an upstairs closet. The closet shot open and the robber had us at gunpoint. My dad started to choke him from behind and the theif dropped the gun. I picked it up. They were twisting and turning while they were fighting so the robber wasn’t in clear view. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. My dad fell to the ground bleeding. The robber got away. I ran to him and bursted out into tears. “I’m sorry daddy.” My mom was cupping his face in her soft, shaking hands and whispered, “I love you.” He sat up only a bit, using the little strength he had and kissed my forehead and kissed my mom. Again I said, “I’m sorry.” He then said, “I forgive you.” He laid back down and took his one last gasp for breath and right there, he was taken from me.

*Flashback over*

            “Are you okay? You look kind of pale.” Haiden basically slapped me back into reality.

“I’m okay.”

            “Dinner’s ready!” My mom shouted from the kitchen.

            Dinner wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. When Haiden left, my mom did a happy dance. I just stood there confused.

“Mom? Why are you so happy?”

“I’m so happy for you!”

“Why?”

“He’s cute!”

“So?”

“He obviously likes you! He’s a sweet gentleman!”

“I wish.” I mumbled. Then I remembered Tyler, he was hot too! Of course not as hot as Haiden but he was more of a gentleman. Wait, why am I being so defensive? I walked back to my bedroom leaving my mom dancing like a fool. Moms just need to stay out of their children’s love life! Besides I wasn’t even ready to have a boyfriend. Well I was ready I just didn’t want one. Besides! It was only one day! I barely know these guys! Then again I felt like I did. UGH! Life was so confusing!