Chapter 12: You should've told me the truth

Chapter 12

I immediately responded to his words. I leaned in and lightly pressed my lips to his, not wanting this soft kiss to go any further because I know if it does I won’t be able to stop. I usually have more self-control than this but when I’m with this boy my mind goes foggy and I don’t think. I just do.

I pulled away and looked at him. He tried to lean back to kiss my mouth but I brought my hand to his chest to stop him. “Maybe…we should work on the project…” I chuckled and he smiled and nodded, then ran a hand through his hair.

“Okay, so we did a lot today. Maybe we could finish tomorrow and the day after?” Haiden suggested. I quickly remembered I scheduled with Lewis to ‘catch up.’

“Can I take a rain check?” I said, running a hand through my hair.

“…Is it Lewis?” Haiden asked with a hurt expression on his face. I stayed silent. Then again this all happened just now, he already knew I was going to his house. At least he should’ve remembered.

“Right, sorry. I forgot you were going to ‘catch up.’” He said putting air quotes around catch up. Gosh he just gets so jealous so quickly.

“Haiden. Stop.”

His angry/hurt facial expression softened. “Just please don’t kiss him.” He looked into my eyes and my whole body felt like jell-o.

“I won’t.”

“Pinky promise?” He said, holding out his pinky.

I chuckled. “Pinky promise.” I said, locking pinkies with his.

“Oh my gosh! You’re pinky is so cute and tiny!” He said grabbing my pinky.

“It isn’t that small.” I said, pulling my pinky back.

“Uhh yeah it is!”

“Just because yours are abnormally large doesn’t make mine super small.”

“Mine definitely are NOT abnormally large.”

“Uhh yeah they are.” I said, attempting to make a deep voice imitating his but that was a complete fail.

“Well you know what large fingers mean.” He said winking at me. I playfully hit him on his shoulder.

“Gosh you’re gross.”

“But you like it.” He said, laughing.

“No I don’t.”

“But you like me…” He said, hopping over to my side of the bed.

“Don’t let that go to your head, it could change any second.” I joked.

“Nah, I’m too irresistible.” He smiled.

“I think I can resist…” That was a complete lie.

He brushed his lips against mine then kissed my shoulder. Gosh I love that. I leaned my head to give him more access but he just chuckled and pulled away. I looked at him in confusion and he gripped my chin and brushed his lips against mine again. Right when I tried to deepen the kiss he pulled away. “I’m thinking ice cream.” He hopped off of his bed and began putting on his sneakers. He’s such a tease!

“Ugh you’re so annoying.” I said putting on my shoes. He just chuckled. Does he think that was funny?!

“Hey if I don’t leave you wanting more, how do I know you’ll stay?”

“What happened to being ‘irresistible?’”

“I still am. I actually want ice cream though. This can be finished another time but ice cream can’t wait.”