Chapter 13: Talk it Out

Chapter 13

My lips touched his amazingly soft lips he brought his hand to the back of my neck deepening it. His lips began to move in sync with mine and thoughts of guilt and regret came to my head. Why am I feeling guilty right now? Haiden is the one who betrayed me. I mainly feel guilty because I am leading Lewis on. There are no sparks like when I’m with Haiden, no butterflies like when I’m with Haiden, and he doesn’t make my legs feel like jell-o… like Haiden does.

                       I pulled away and my face pretty much showed my guilt. “Is everything alright, Nicole?” Not wanting to lie I shook my head. “Talk to me, what’s wrong?”

I didn’t want to tell him about Haiden because admitting that I have an insane crush on his best friend would crush him to bits. “Lewis, I’m just going to come out straight with this. I don’t feel like what we had before is still there, yanno?”

He nodded his head. “This is why I wanted to catch up. I didn’t automatically think that when I saw you everything would go back to the way it was. I knew there would be obstacles but I still love you and I know that our love could overcome it.” He clearly doesn’t know what I’m trying to say… “I think we should try again and see where things go.” My eyes widened at his suggestion and luckily my ringing phone kept me from answering that question.

I shot up and looked at the caller ID. Just what I need… Haiden…

“I’ll be right back.” I said, walking out of Lewis’ room. “What?” I said angrily.

“Woah,” he chuckled, “someone’s having fun.”

“I don’t have time for your sarcastic bullsh*t, what do you want?”

“I just wanted to see if you’d come over my place.”

“You do know I’m not home, right?”

“You’ll think of an excuse.”

“What if I said I didn’t want to leave?”

“I wouldn’t believe it. You can’t possibly be having more fun with him than you would be with me.”

“Well believe it.” I said. I am not having fun at all but this is all the plan of getting revenge.

“What kind of fun could you guys be having? You didn’t kiss him, right?” His voice held jealousy and I smiled evilly to myself.

“You’d be surprised of how much…fun we’re having.” I chose to ignore the second question to make him mad and even more jealous.

“Nicole, answer the question. Did you kiss him?”

I didn’t kiss him.” I said, and then quickly hung up the phone.

I walked back into Lewis’ room. “That was my mom,” I lied, “she wants me to come home.”

He nodded and walked me to the front door.

“Bye, Nicole.” He said waving as I walked towards my car.

I waved back and got in my car.

As I approached my driveway my phone rang. Haiden.

“Hello?” I said sounding annoyed.

“Can we talk?” He sounded nervous.

“About what?”

“Just…come over.” Then he hung up the phone. What the hell?

I walked to his house and knocked on the door. Haiden quickly answered in a white tank top and red basketball shorts. He’s making it so hard to be mad at him.

“Come to my room.”

Haiden lead me to his room and I took a seat on his bed.

After he closed his door he sat next to me.

“Gosh Nicole, I’m such an idiot.” I looked at him questioningly and he sighed. “Meghan told me that she told you what happened.” I nodded and mouthed an ‘ohhh.’

“I can’t tell you how sorry I am… It was the dumbest mistake I’ve ever made.” I sat there silently playing with my fingers while he looked at me anticipating a response.

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Please forgive me.”

“It’s not something you can just forgive and forget, Haiden. You slept with her.”

“And I’ll spend forever trying to make it up to you.”

“I just can’t wrap my finger around this situation…”

He sighed, “neither can I…”

I leaned back on his bed and kicked off my shoes.

“Did you kiss him, Nicole?”

I sighed deeply. “Yeah…yeah I kissed him.”

He leaned back as well and turned to face me. “Did you…like it?”

“Honestly… not really.”

He let out a sigh of relief and rubbed hand through his hair.

“Meghan means nothing to me, Nicole.”

I nodded and I actually believe him. “Can we make a serious promise? To not let Meghan or Lewis come between us again? Whenever something happens we can just talk it out…”

“Agreed,” I said nodding.

He softly pressed his lips to mine and sneakily slipped his tongue in my mouth.

I let my hands trail down his chest and under his shirt a little bit. He twitched a little then chuckled. “Your hands are so cold!”

“I know…” I turned around with my back facing him and he slipped an arm around my waist.

He moved himself closer to me and began to kiss my neck.

I let my eyes close and enjoy the feeling of his mouth lightly suck where my neck meets my shoulder.

When he finished I drifted off into sleep occasionally feeling him kissing my skin. I heard him quietly whisper, “no one will ever come between us again,” before he moved impossibly closer to me and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, falling into a deep sleep.

This chapter is really short and I'll try to make the next one longer which means it'll take longer to update... *sigh* we'll see! Hope you liked! xx.