Chapter 4: Apologies

Chapter 4

   Tyler was still mad at me so our conversations have been quite boring. Haiden's party is tomorrow and I want to make things right with Tyler before I go so I won't feel that guilty. 

  I told him to meet me at the park after school and he's late. I'm starting to think he stood me up. 

  I was about to walk to my car when Tyler came up to me. 

"Why'd you call me here?" 

"Because I want to talk, Tyler. I don't want you to be mad at me." 

"What do you expect? I told you about this guy. He's not good company. You kissed him and you claim you hate him but now you're going to his party." 

  "I know and I told you I was sorry, I meant it. Look, Tyler, I like you, I really do. But can I not have any fun?"

  "I like you too, Nicole, but I just don't want you to get hurt."

  "It's a party, there will be tons of people there, I highly doubt I'd end up with Haiden. Besides, he'd probably be somewhere screwing his slutty girlfriend." 

"Just don't go."

"I want to. Besides, Hazelle wants me to and she doesn't have a ride." 

"I just don't trust Haiden." Sheesh! I get it, he doesn't trust him, but I'm not going to limit my life because Tyler doesn't trust someone I don’t even try to associate myself with. I want to have fun; I want to go to parties! Shoot, Tyler should just come too to see he has nothing to worry about.

"You should come too."

"I wasn't invited." Seriously? Was he really saying he wasn't invited? So what? Almost everyone there will probably be crashing the party. 

"I'm pretty sure there will tons of party crashers."

"I'll think about it." He's really frustrating me now.

"Please, that way I won't feel too guilty." 

"Under one circumstance." This was not a deal to be made -_- 

"What is it?" 

"Go on a date with me." He smiled his beautiful smile while I exploded inside. I blushed so hard and butterflies swarmed in my stomach. 

"Okay. When?" I had the biggest smile on my face and I'm pretty sure I blushed so hard I looked like a tomato. 

"Tomorrow."

"You do know that's when the party is, right?" 

"Oh, then Saturday?"

"That's fine." 

"I'll pick you up at 7." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, then left.

I walked to my car with a cheesy smile on my face and went home. 

My mom was at her new job so it was just me home. I went to my room and changed my clothes to a blue Aeropastale shirt and sweatpants. I had nothing better to do than read one of my favorite books, Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter. I went on my balcony and started to read but by the 1st sentence I was interrupted by of course, Haiden yelling across from his balcony to mine. 

"Nicole!" 

I rolled my eyes and looked up. "What?" It was enough that he bugged me at school, but now at home?!

"Are you coming to my party?"

"Yeah. What time and where?"

"8:30 at Exotica. It's on Pebble Beach Boulevard." 

"Okay thanks. Can you go now? I'm trying to read."

"Now, just because you want me to go inside, I won't." He gave me a sexy evil smirk and sat down on his balcony.

"Then I will." I got up and went inside my room to read. 

The next day was the same morning routine, I wore a Star Wars crop top and denim shorts. Hazelle and I walked into the school together. She was wearing a gray and white striped shirt with denim overalls, it actually looked really cute. 

It seemed like whenever we stepped in the school, all eyes were on us. Of course Hazelle was used to it but I wasn't and it felt really uncomfortable. The only good that came out of it was that Meghan seemed to get upset about it because no one cared about her. She was the only one who thought she mattered and Haiden seemed pretty tired of her too. Whenever she would approach him at his locker he would roll his eyes, groan, then put on this fake smile. I found it quite amusing to see her almost get rejected. Notice I said almost because he doesn't necessarily say to leave him alone but he gives her a hint. With her slow self it takes her long to get it, of course. She tries to play it off because everyone sees and she gets embarrassed. 

      I got my books earlier than normal because I didn’t want to have to deal with Haiden hitting on me like every other day then Meghan saying something that only seems threatening to her like "I will end your life stay away from him blardy blardy blar." Give me a break! I don't want Haiden. I barely wanted to be friends with the guy. So what he was super sexy, had big muscles, and a strongly defined six pack? So what he had this smile that made girls faint? So what he had this beautiful scent that smelled like Axe mixed with this fresh nature smell? So what his lips were as soft as a babies bottom and his mouth was a maze that you’re tongue didn’t want to find its way out of?

  WOAH! I think I'm seriously mental right now, I was just thinking about HAIDEN MAVERICK!! I barely talk to the guy! He's annoying! He a whore! He's a jerk! Whew, that's a relief; I'm back to normal, back to thinking how he really is. Because I do NOT at all, have a crush on HAIDEN MAVERICK! Nor will I ever.