Chapter 11: Secrets come out

Hey guys so I'm writing another story while I'm still writing this one so I'll probably update this once every two weeks or once a month but I'll try to update as fast as possible. I did start chapter 12 but only a paragraph or so but I'll try my best to upload ASAP =) Thanks! & Enjoy. xx

Chapter 11

He moved from my ear and then I registered what he just said. My eyes shot open and I pushed him off of me and sat up.

“You’re a real jerk you know that?!” How could he just do that!? To think I was gonna- UGH!

I jumped off of his bed and put back on my dress all without looking at him not once. I opened his door and without turning around I sighed and said “to think I actually like you,” then closed the door. How did I let this happen? Every time I start to feel a certain way about him he just ruins it by being a jerk. I no longer regret what happened with Lewis. How could he just play with my emotions like that? Because he’s with Meghan that’s why. That little cunt has him wrapped around her slimy little finger. I should’ve known better. But why was he so upset when he found Lewis kissing me?

I walked into school to my locker hopefully to make it out of there before Haiden arrived at his but sadly that didn’t happen. I avoided Haiden’s gaze as he watched me get my books out for the first half of the day. I was almost done when I felt a presence behind me.

“Hey beautiful.” Lewis said with a smile on his face. This is a perfect time to get back at Haiden for what he did. It’s sad that I stooped down this low to this level and used my ex-boyfriend to get Haiden jealous.

“Hey cutie.” I said pulling him into a longer-than-necessary hug. When I pulled away I couldn’t help but glance to my left and see Haiden watching us through his peripherals.

“Want to come over after school and finish the little talk we had yesterday?” He said, winking. This was just too perfect. But then I remembered my world cultures teacher saying something about how we’re getting partners today for our project and I’m pretty sure my partner and I will want to work on it today after school.

“I can’t, project sorry. But I know for a fact I’m free tomorrow.” I said, returning the wink.

“Sounds perfect. Can’t wait to ummm…catch up, if ya know what I mean.” I saw Haiden clench his fists at the words that just escaped Lewis’ lips. I knew my plan was working and all just in five minutes. This is going too perfect.

The first bell rang, signifying we had five minutes to get to homeroom. “Alright, I gotta go babe. Bye.” Lewis said, kissing me on the cheek. There were no butterflies and my heart didn’t melt or do any flips like when Haiden and I shared our kiss. It was just like when you’re saying bye to your family, like that type of kiss.

I turned back around to my locker to finish getting my last books, making sure I had everything. I jumped nearly ten feet in the air when there was an ear-shattering slam from the locker closing next to mine. “What the hell?!” I turned my head looking at Haiden.

“Just stop okay!” He just walked away. Stop what? Oh I know. It was working. He’s jealous of his best friend. I hate being a home wrecker but Meghan was just wrong for him. I just know it.

I got to world cultures class and the small and adorable Ms. Cap began shaking around the jar of names for us to choose our partners. It was my turn to choose now. I walked up to the jar and closed my eyes and stuck my hand in and swirled the names around one more time. I grabbed one from the very bottom and handed it to Ms. Cap to read out loud. “Haiden Maverick.”

My eyes widened at the sound of the name. If only I’d just picked from the top like a normal person. Now I’m being forced to work on a project with him which means having an actual conversation. This should be interesting.