Chapter 9: Forced to Forgive

Sorry guys i know I update weekly but i kinda forgot oops!

Anyways here ya go!

Chapter 9

I'm so sorry Nicole that I said what I did at the ice rink. Please talk to me, I feel like a whole piece of my life is missing.

-Tyler <3

I looked at the note and fought the urgency to look behind me and look at his face to see if it was a sincere apology, but I didn't. I just tucked the note in my sweatpants pocket and decided to stress over it later. Then of course a second note had to come on my desk except this time it wasn't from Tyler, it was from someone with unfamiliar handwriting. 

BJ behind school at 3:30? I hear the price is 50 cents, right?

As I read it I heard chuckles from around me and constant whispering. It took everything in me not to cry, instead I got up to throw the note away but Mr. Rogelio intervened. "What are you throwing away, Nicole?"  

"Garbage." I replied, trying not to be a snitch.

"Can I see the paper?" I reluctantly handed it over and he read over it in his mind and them read it out loud making everyone laugh harder, it was humiliating.

"Who wrote this?"  He asked with a furious tone. No one responded. "I'm going to ask the class once more, and if someone doesn't speak up, then I will give the whole class detention everyday after school until they do." He promised.

Right when he said that everyone pointed my harasser out. It was someone I barely saw, I think his name was like DJ, EJ, CJ, TJ. I don't know some letter with a J at the end. 

"Thanks guys!" He said standing up walking towards the teacher who hasn't yet even called him over.

"Curtis-Lee Jones!" So it's CJ, oohhhhh. "What is this?" He said holding out the note. 

"Um, a note?" 

"No. This isn't a note, when I think of note I think of a general conversation, or even a love note, but this, this is pure f*ckery." The whole class gasped hearing him curse for the first time. "Do you know this is sexual harassment and you can be prosecuted and sent to jail for this?"

CJ shook his head no. "And this goes for any of you who are involved because I know it's not just him." His voice went from it's lecture tone to its 'aha I got you now bitch' voice. "Curtis you have detention every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for forty minutes until the end of the school year, miss one and you’re forty minutes is doubled. You don't serve all of the detentions then you won't graduate."  Mr. Rogelio wrote a slip and gave it to CJ. CJ sighed and took a seat. I felt satisfied knowing CJ was going to have to end up missing detentions and have to serve them during the summer and he'd get his diploma later than everyone else. 

The bell rang and I started walking to my next class. Haiden ran up next to me and said, "I'm sorry." 

I kept walking. Pretending I didn’t hear him when actually I heard him all to well. I just felt like crap, and when I really wanted to blame this on Haiden, it was my fault. I didn’t listen to Tyler and decided to go to that stupid party.

“Nicole please don’t ignore me!”

I kept walking. “Nicole, please stop!” He grabbed my arm and I looked at him and felt tears and struggled to hold them back.

“Stop ignoring you? Like how you ignored me? Pretending I didn’t exist? Pretending like all this shit said about me is true?!” I said, my voice cracking.

“I never said it was true!”

“Saying nothing is just as bad!” He remained silent. I shook my head at him and continued walking, releasing the tears that I’ve been holding in. I just want to go home. Not this home. Florida home. With people who care about me, with people who have respect for their peers.