Four

I hated the darkness. I couldn't stay long in darkness so, after the owner of the penthouse went upstairs – the first thing I did was to search for the light. After searching for a few minutes – I was finally able to switch on the light. The light wasn't very bright but, it was enough for my sight to stimulate properly. I looked around the lounge area and it was magnificent. The combination of classic black and white looked breath-taking. My whole house could draw in just in the lounge of this penthouse. This man must be extremely rich.

I sat on the black rigid couch and hissed as my knee bent – causing my skin to burn. I looked down on my dress to see a bloodstain on the satin. I lift the dress to see that the bandage had blood all over it. I sighed and covered my knee with the dress and picked up the cordless phone to call my brother.

To say that he was worried sick for me would be an understatement. He even called the police and asked them to search for me. I told him that he shouldn't get worried for me and that I was okay. After scolding me for almost ten minutes, he asked how I ended up at this stranger's house and I told him everything. He wanted to come and pick me up immediately but, I stopped him. It was enough that I wasn't home – I don't want Phil to get stuck in this nasty storm as well. He made me promise to call him after every other hour and if I won't be able to call – he will ring at the stranger's landline to see if I was okay. When he asked if the man that saved me lives alone – I lied. I told him that his sisters and mother are here as well and they are very welcoming. I didn't want him to worry much about me.

After I talked to my brother – I walked towards the stairs. I wanted another bandage for my wound because it was already drenched in blood. It hurt to walk but, there wasn't anyone around who could help me. The man that saved me didn't come down either – which I think is very irresponsible of him. He left the penthouse all to me. What if I was a thief? What if I stole all the luxurious items that he has a display in his penthouse?

I somehow managed to climb the stairs. I limped my way to the room I was in before and get inside to see it as I left it. I sighed and looked around to see if I could feel a first aid box. After trying for a few minutes – I gave up and decided to ask the stranger for help. I didn't want to because of the peculiar vibes I get from him but, I don't have any other option – he is the only person in the house. I jumped by the sudden boom of thunder. I exhale loudly while looking out of the window of the room to see that the clouds were bursting over the city.

I diverted my attention from the monstrous weather and limped my way out of the room to find the stranger. There were a total of four rooms in a row – one of which was where I was in. I walked towards the room next to mine and knocked on the door – when no one opened the door – I concluded that the room was indeed empty. I got the same response from the room beside – so only one room was left that was at the farthest corner of the penthouse – its door was larger than the others – indicating that it is the master bedroom. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. When I didn't get the answer, I knocked again – a little louder this time.

"Hello? Sir, are you in there?" I called out as I didn't know his name. I remember Adeline calling him V- Vigo-something. I don't remember.

After few seconds passed the door finally opened – revealing the stranger itself. He didn't say anything – he just stood there with no expression displaying on his face. I glanced behind him to see a little light in the room. I like it dark – I remember what he said before. "Uh – sorry to disturb you but, I need a fresh bandage and alcohol pads," I asked.

He frowned and lower his gaze to my knee, "Is that blood?" he asked.

I looked down as well at the bloodstain on the dress and nodded my head, "Yeah, uh – my wound is bleeding again and I have to dress it again so, can you please give me a bandage and an alcohol pad?" I asked again.