Twenty-Seven

Caleb popped a cherry in his mouth before his eyes wandered around the packed club. They walked in just a few minutes ago. It was too loud for Andy, but maybe this is what she needs. A loud and careless night to forget everything that happened. Although, the club was already filled with drunken people – partying away the Halloween night. They weren't all dressed up like she expected them to be. Andy looked around before she heaved a sigh. She traced her finger over the rim of her drink's glass. Caleb noticed her downheartedness when he bumped into her – that is why he decided to ask her to the club, thinking that maybe the cheery atmosphere would make her feel better but since they walked in, she hasn't talked much and also looked gloomy. He smiled and asked, "So, why is this black cat so depressed?" Caleb decided to ask pointing towards her fading doodled whiskers.

Andy chuckled and with her palms she tried to remove the whiskers before she sighed and shrugged, "I guess, I am just having a hard time adjusting to the new city," she replied. She wasn't lying to him – she did find it hard to be in New York. Caleb twisted his mouth and nodded his head, "I get it. It can be hard for people who were born and raised here – let alone for those who recently moved to the city," Caleb nodded his head. He placed his hand over hers – which was resting over the counter and smiled, "Believe me – it might take some time but it sure will be okay. And if you ever need someone or if you ever need any help, I will be more than happy to help you out," he offered.

Andrea smiled, "Thank you so much," she replied to him before she sighed and looked around, "You know I never celebrated Halloween back at home. Like, sure – we used to go for trick or treat when we were kids but I never get to go to Halloween parties with friends." She paused and sunk her shoulders, "I believed that moving to New York will be magical and all of a sudden I am going to fit in, make friends, and have so much fun but who was I kidding?" She sniggered. Andrea smashed her lips together before she rubbed her face with her palms. She heaved a loud sigh before she looked at Caleb, "I think I am going to call it a night," she told him.

Caleb brought his eyebrows together, "What? So soon? It is Halloween! Let's go and roam around for a while. What do you say? Let's make this first Halloween in this scary city the best one you ever had?" Caleb asked with a grin stretched on his face. Andrea licked her lips – she was intrigued by the idea but she wasn't too sure about it. She didn't know Caleb well enough to go out with him. She had no doubt in her mind the Caleb would never hurt her, but still – she shouldn't trust anyone around especially when she doesn't know the city well enough. Also, her sister and Kevin must be worried about her, she left her phone back at Kevin's place when she ran away – they must be looking for her. Andrea smiled, "Um, as intriguing as the offer is, maybe some other time? You see, I didn't tell my sister that I will be leaving and she must be worried about me – so, I don't think I can do it tonight," she explained.

Caleb smiled, "I completely understand," he nodded his head and took his phone out of his pocket, "You know, I think you should text your sister and let her know that you are okay," he paused and handed his phone to her. Andrea smiled and took the phone from his hand. She thanked him and messaged Farrah – tell him that she is going and that she will see her at home. There was no way she was going to Kevin's house after what happened. After texting Farrah, she handed Caleb his phone back. "Thank you so much, Caleb." She smiled, "I am glad I ran into you tonight," she told him. Caleb chuckled, "So am I," He replied. "But let me tell you something, this will not be the last time when you are seeing me," he grinned. "Let's meet up for breakfast tomorrow, what do you say?" He asked. Andrea liked the idea of that – she couldn't say no to this, she liked to be around Caleb. Andy nodded her head, "Sounds like a plan," she agreed. Caleb clapped his hands together, "That's great," he said and stood up. "All right, then let me drop you home and maybe I can pick you up at the same address tomorrow?" he asked.