Twenty-Nine

Andrea would not have been surprised if he had just get in his car and drive away – that what sounds like him, but he didn't do so – instead he stood with one of his hands resting on the roof of his car, while the other one was in the pocket of his pants. Andrea exhaled and slowed down as she got closer to him. She stretched her hand out to hand him the pack of cigarettes in her hand, "Please, accept them." She said – slightly out of breath. Lorenzo's averted from her to her hand before he shook his head, "That is not necessary, Miss Hebert. I don't need them," he replied. Andrea sniggered, "Then what were you buying them for?" she asked. Lorenzo didn't think it was necessary to answer her, he wordlessly turned around to get in the car when she spoke again, "How hard can it be for you to accept something from me? Is it some kind of male chauvinism or is it embarrassing for a Richy rich like you to accept something from a not-so-rich girl?" She asked scornfully.

Lorenzo flared his nostrils as he slowly turned his head to look at Andrea – her words were mocking him while her eyes challenged him. Lorenzo opened his mouth to answer her when she shook her head, "You know what, I apologize. To be honest, it is very hard for me to control my sarcasm when you are around. Anyway, it looks like you needed a cigarette and I got you one – don't worry about it. It is not like I am buying you anything expensive – accept it as a payback for all the times you helped me," She added and offered him the pack once again. As he opened his mouth to say something, she cut him off again, "And please, don't even think about paying me back. Please accept it as it is?" She asked. Lorenzo's eyes went on the pack of cigarettes before he sighed and took it from her, "Thank you," he mumbled. Andrea smiled, "It was my pleasure," she replied.

Andrea clapped her hand together and shrugged – she has never been fond of uncomfortable silence so she spoke again, "Anyway, have a good night – bye," she said turned around to walk back to the café, from where she will call an Uber. She had hardly taken a few steps when Lorenzo decided to speak, "Wait," she stopped and turned around, "Yes?" She asked as she pushed her hair behind her ear as they flew to her face. Lorenzo with his eyebrows knitted asked, "How are you returning home? – or where ever you are off to?" Lorenzo never offers to drive anyone around except for Kevin or his family – other than that, he never feels comfortable being in a small closed space with a company. "Uh, I am calling an Uber." She replied. Lorenzo heaved a sigh, he was hoping to hear that someone she knew was coming to pick her up, but it was not the case, so he offered, "I can drop you off to where ever you need to be," He said.

Andrea couldn't help but chuckle, "Is Lorenzo Vigorito offering me a ride back home?" She asked. Lorenzo looked at her impassively – she had to challenge him or mock him – she couldn't let any opportunity slip. He was been patient with her, "I asked you a simple question, trying keeping your replies to the point." He replied to her. Andrea sighed, "It is fine, I can make my way home safely – it will be out of route for you anyway," she shrugged. Lorenzo looked around before he replied, "I am already out of the route, Miss Hebert. Dropping you off to your home will be no trouble." He paused and waved his hand to his car, "Please, get in." He asked her. She didn't move for a while before she realized that what harm can it be to get in the car with him – nothing. Although she never liked him – he never made her feel uncomfortable around him he has always helped her around. She stepped nearer to him before she looked at his lavishing car – it was so shiny and clean that she was scared to touch it and leave the smudgy oily fingerprints. She heaved a sigh and offered him a small smile, "Thank you, Mr. Vigorito." She nodded her head and walked to the other side of the car.

Andrea opened the door and was immediately hit by the earthy scent of leather. She hesitated for a mere second to get in before she slides in and softly closed the door – she remembered how often she had to open and close the door of her car back in Canada – that bad boy wouldn't get lock until she hardly slammed it a couple of time. In comparison, Lorenzo's car seems like operating on a stick of butter. She quickly put on the seatbelt and looked around in the car to see, not even a single spot of dust, nor did the leather was peeling off or no rusty marks were to be found– the windows were so clean that for a second she was a mistake if they were there or not. The strong smell of leather was soon overpowered by the rich scent of whatever cologne Lorenzo was wearing. He closed the door of the car before he put on his seatbelt – all this time his eyes were ahead on the road.