Thirty (End of Season One)

Two months had gone and Andrea had started school – it wasn't easy to work during the weekdays and attend school during weekends and sometimes in the evening. It wasn't the career she had in mind, but the field she was interested in – she didn't have the funds to enroll herself in a culinary school. She was already living as a freeloader with her sister, she didn't want to tell her about her financial needs and let her pay for her when she has a daughter to support, nor was she going to ask for money from her parents – she was an adult, she needed to get on her feet and face the world on the own.

During these two months, Andrea established a very close friendship with Caleb – it was like her new best friend while she was able to initiate a strong friendship with a couple of Caleb's friends as well, such as Erin and Quinn – both women were incredibly sweet and supportive, so where the most of Caleb friends but she bonded more with Caleb, Quinn, and Erin. Along with her studies, her job was going okay – there was no learning curve in her current job, so she was eager to complete her studies to get a better job. No matter how hard she tries to work, she hasn't been able to save enough money to get her place – currently, she was living with Farrah and still feels like a third wheel in her sister and Kevin's relationship.

Farrah and Kevin's relationship were going strong, something Andrea didn't expect. Kevin was a sweetheart – she calls him a man-made of sugar. When she first met him, she didn't believe that he would pull the relationship so far with Liana. Kevin comes from a very different world than hers. He belonged to a high class and as much as Andrea wants to believe that these human-made assumptions and classes don't matter – the truth is, they do. These people were born with a gold spoon in their mouths, while people like Andrea and Farrah had to fight for each bite. They have seen their parents struggle to give their children better lives. When their world collides with someone like Kevin, the results aren't always agreeable or if they are – they most definitely aren't long-term, but Kevin proved it wrong. He has been with Farrah through every thick and thin – something she couldn't even get from her own family.

"Are you sure you will be okay, Andrea?" Farrah asked while putting on her shoes. Farrah was dressed in a long green dress that ended to her ankle while she wore black heels – giving her the extra inches. Her newly highlighted hair was curled from the tips while she wore a standard amount of makeup. Andrea, who sat on her bed with her hair tied up in a messy bun, smiled and nodded her head, "Of course, you idiot – go and have a good time. Liana and I will have fun at home tonight," She replied.

Farrah smiled gratefully at her sister, "Thank you so much, Andy. You are a lifesaver," Farrah said as she walked into Andrea's room and checked her appearance in her mirror. She looked at Andrea through the mirror and asked, "I look okay, right?" She asked almost nervously. Andrea grinned and step off the bed as she stood beside her sister, "You look amazing! This color suits you," She compliments Farrah. Andrea stood by her words. Her sister did look extremely beautiful. Farrah fixed her earring as she spoke, "Kevin told me that today is a really important event and I don't want to mess it up. I want to look good." Andrea chuckled and elbowed her sister, "Will you stop worrying so much? You look spectacular – people will not be able to take their eyes off you," Andrea ensured her sister. "What is the event for?" Andrea asked while she looked at her sister fixing her dress. Farrah shrugged, "I am not sure. Kevin didn't talk about it with me in length. I only know that there are major shifts within the company, and this event was to address and celebrate them," Farrah explained. Andrea nodded her head, "That's good," she wasn't sure how else to react.

Farrah was soon gone, leaving Liana under Andrea's care. Andrea walked back into her room and stared at herself in the mirror. She hasn't washed her hair for two days. Her greasy hair was tied in a messy bun over her head. She didn't have any class for the weekend so she didn't even bother to wash her hair. She was wearing her old sweatshirt along with plain black tights. Although Andrea is happy with how things are going for her, she too sometimes wants to dress up for someone, go out with them, have a beautiful and simple relationship. When she first met Caleb, she truly expected him to ask her out but to her disappointment, he still hasn't. She didn't like him nor did she have a crush on him, but he seemed like the only person around that might want to be with her. Where she is tremendously happy for her sister, she also envied her at some level as well. Each of her siblings was in a relationship, even Taylor had a girlfriend – the only person that remained single was her. It seems like she will single all her life. She heaved a sigh and with a last glance at her average looks, she went back to studying – she needs to prepare for the exam she has next weekend.