Stay

Andrea didn't want to be here. She didn't think that she would actually come to the dinner Kevin threw at his new house. She had it all prepared in her head. She was going to lie about work or something about not feeling well – maybe tell Farrah that it was the first day of her periods and she wasn't feeling so well. She had it all prepared but yet she still ended up at Kevin's dinner party. Now that she thinks through everything, she realized how bad she is at saying no. How hard is it to lie? For Andrea, it can be tedious. No, she doesn't shake and stutters when she lies or sweat like a pig when she is hiding something – those things never happen to her. But she does come up with something stupid with each lie she tells or she goes completely blank, not sure what lie she had to say. So, after preparing everything in her head, with a determination to say no – she ended up at the dinner party.

Andy was clearly nervous. Why wouldn't she? She was going to meet Craig Carlos, Kevin's father, for the first time. Rose will also be here any minute now – Andy doesn't know what that girl might do next. She hasn't bother Andy since the last time she humiliated her at Kevin's Halloween party, but anything can be expected from that girl. The way she looks at Andrea, it is a wonder how she hasn't done anything yet. Also, Lorenzo might join them as well. When Farrah told Andy that Lorenzo might or might not be at the dinner tonight, Andrea wasn't sure why that only made her feel nervous. She hasn't seen him since the last few days ago when she saw him in the morning.

Andrea was dressed in a plain grey dress that ended to her knees with simple black heels. Her hair was tied in a long ponytail while she barely applied any makeup. She sat on the couch and drank the wine that Kevin's help just served her. Andrea has been around Kevin for almost three years now but she still gets uncomfortable with his luxurious lifestyle. She was nervously fidgeting her foot when Kevin announced, "Dad is here," he said and along with Farrah – he went to the door to welcome him. Andrea could see that Farrah was also a bit edgy, she only met Craig Carlos twice since she started dating his son. Andrea blew her cheeks out. She once again planned to simply greet the man and stay silent or keep herself busy with Liana the entire night and at all cost ignore any interaction with Rose.

She heard the footsteps approaching while heard Kevin and another unfamiliar voice, which she believes belongs to Mr. Carlos. She gulped and stood on her feet, leaving the wine glass on the table when she wanted to gulp it down all at once. She saw Kevin and Farrah walking along with a tall man, who might be in his late sixties along with Rose, who was dressed in a red sheath dress. Her short hair was curled into beach waves while her lips screamed red. Her eyes met Andreas and she halted for hardly a second before she walked along with her father and brother while raising her eyebrow at Andy's presence.

Mr. Carlos was dressed in a navy-blue suit. He was missing a tie around his neck and the first button was undone – giving a relaxed look to otherwise formal attire. He was taller than Kevin and Rose, but she could see Kevin's features on his face, especially his eyes. Where Andy realized that he hardly resembled Rose – she must look more like her mother. Craig averted his eyes at Andrea, he offered her a small smile. Andrea nodded her head, "Hello, Mr. Carlos. It is nice to meet you," She greeted and offered her hand for a handshake. She didn't know how else was she supposed to greet this person.

Craig shook her hand – didn't find it appropriate to keep her waiting. He then turned to look at Kevin who then introduced her to his father, "Dad, this is Andrea. Farrah's sister." He told her. "Oh, my apologies, child. I didn't know you were Farrah's sister. Kevin did mention you to me." The softness in Craig's voice dripped calmness across her body. She exhaled and smiled broadly, "It is completely fine, Mr. Carlos – you are meeting me for the first time anyways," she nodded. Craig softly chuckled and nodded his head. Kevin then asked him what would he like to drink and asked for scotch but didn't ask anything to Rose anything. She stood quietly beside her father. Farrah went to look for Liana to meet Craig while Kevin talked with his father – leaving Rose and Andrea sitting silently.