Chapter 27

I left that treehouse this morning, really glad that I was very much alive and that treehouse and I weren't blown apart like house of cards. After what it felt like eternity, I entered a town nearby and continued to walk ahead to see if they had any vehicle rental services.

I checked my devices to see if a little mobile data connection was available. Thankfully it was available and I checked all my notifications stored in the cloud waiting for syncing.

You have gotta be fucking kidding me.

That's all I thought after seeing what i had seen on my computer screen. It wasn't the fact that Jasper solved the game. Okay I was fucking spooked that he realised three hours later that the clues were within his fucked up eyesight.

But that's not the fucking point here! The point is someone else got to know about my location as well! That too way before Jasper started to solve that mystery!

I was tapping everyone's mobiles to know who is the fucking traitor in the DeLuca crew. Gosh, I didn't realize the betrayal thingy was this fucking twisted!

I have to meet Jasper asap.

With that in mind I was looking around to find a means of transportation. I asked around if there were any vehicle rental services and they looked at me as if I told them ghosts are real and they should leave this town. And some of the people didn't even acknowledge me and ran away as if I were a terrorist.

Damn it, these people have like 1000s of stores in this small town and yet not a single vehicle rental service?! What fucking morons!

When I saw a man getting off his motorcycle and entered the departmental store near which I had halted.

And the fucker left his keys on the ignition.

Well, good for me. I thought and shrugged.

I checked if there were any problems or transmitters attached to it and found none.

Seriously, can these people get anymore fucking stupid?

I took a quick glance around to check if anyone was suspicious of me. And when I saw that the one of this motorcycle was smooching off the cashier, I took it as a chance to leave a few 1000 bucks as compensation for the moron whose motorcycle I was about to steal and unscrewed the number plates on it.

Damn it why does any vehicle have number plates!

Because of criminals like you who steal off the motorcycles.

Ugh, why does my conscience has to be so fucking irritating and talk like goody two shoes at a time like this!

I eyed the helmet and contempted if I should wear it or not. After a few seconds, I realized that I was losing time and the moron would be back anytime soon, so I decided not to wear the helmet. If he decided to go to the police even after taking money, they won't know who I am anyways. I was already wearing a mask and a cap.

I started the bike and the silencer's noise startled the moron and jumped away from the cashier. I quickly turned the handle and speeded away, to get out of the town as fast as I could.

Gosh, I just hope I get to the hospital on time and before Jasper, as my ring is at the hospital with Xavier.

Flashback

I got off the cab and saw Vale, who was looking as if he would snap any moment now. As soon as he saw me, he glared at me and marched towards me. And at the same time I removed my ring and handed it to him as soon as he was near me.