Chapter 37

Jasper's PoV 

My hands held her waist as an instant reflex to prevent her from falling and stared at the unconscious Donna in my arms. I suddenly realized how tired and restless she actually is even after getting an extra strong dose of 'pentothal', which was luckily in Riley's doctor bag.

She doesn't looks like the sarcastic hacker who always faces everything head strong, doesn't gives a fuck about what others think of her and irritates the fuck out of everyone.

She looks like any normal troubled person who doesn't have any connection to anything or anyone illegal.

"This should do the trick. She would probably wake up by the time we reach Key West aeroporto." (airport) Riley's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I looked away Venere.

There was an uncomfortable silence looming in the cabin around us and we awkwardly looked at each other. I lifted Venere in my arms and gently placed her on the plush chair of the jet and tucked her seat belt as well.

"Wow, just when I think she's as normal as us, she proves me wrong. She's more fucked up than all those politicians out there in the whole world." Jenna broke the silence.

"Not the time, Jenna." Ben replied to her for me, after seeing my death glares that were targeted towards Jenna.

"We will analyze all of this when Venere wakes up." I sat right beside her, just in case she wakes up and goes bat shit crazy on my airline staff.

"Like she would let us. And 'Venere'? Really Jasper? You both are on fucking nickname basis?" Riley asked. I knew she wanted to ask this question for several days now but we didn't have any chance to talk privately.

"It just slipped out one day. She didn't correct me. It's been a habit ever since." Partial lie, She corrected me several times before giving up and letting me call her that, but I wasn't going to admit it out loud.

"If you say she didn't correct you, either you are lying or you went deaf during all those times she corrected you. My money's on the first one." Jenna betted.

"And before you say she betted on the wrong side, please. Mac fucking hates nicknames, she always corrects Chelsea when she calls Mac 'Viv'. You can't expect us to believe what you said." Ben piped in.

"Good Morning everyone. The jet is gonna take off in a few minutes, so I request you to put on your seat belts and not to put them off until the seat belt sign turns off." Our pilot's voce boomed through the speakers.

"This fucking conversation isn't over yet." Riley said.

They went to sit down on their seats and strapped in. I knew Riley must have some sort of plan to confront me or to get answers out of me as she would always use some tricks to get answers out of me. They got busy with their phones the instant they sat down.

"I- I request you t-to turn off your electronic devices f-for the purpose of safety." An air hostess came inside the cabin and shuttered. We turned off all our devices, including Mac's and we strapped in to our seats.

A few minutes later, the jet took off.

There was turbulence we experienced after the take off, which lasted for a few minutes but we kinda expected it, the forecast did say it might rain, because of which when everyone was silent. I didn't think much of it.

But even after the turbulence passed, not a single noise came from them.

"So any interesting info to give about that deal we're going to sign 3 weeks later?" I asked after sometime, to know what the hell was going on. They continued whatever they were doing before as if I didn't ask them anything.