Chapter 18

"So... You and I might have the same target." Jasper said after staying silent for a few minutes. I nodded. 

"We need to plan everything properly. I can't let him or her get away this time." I said coldly. 

I called Caligo and asked him to send each and every detail of Larry Finn, the person from who had these chats and messages, and Tokyo Williams, who had that list of DeLuca crew and pictures. I asked him to check if they had any connections or not. 

"Is the crew back yet?" I closed my eyes and rested my head on the wall as I rubbed my hand on through Louis' fur. 

"They will be in a few minutes." He nudged me and I opened my eyes to see the whiskey glass. I accepted and drank it in one go. 

"I want you to hide all of this from them." I said coldly. 

"Don't you think they have a right to know all this?" He asked. 

"And if there's a mole in this crew, he/she would be alerted and may alert the mastermind, if any. Maybe you're ready to take such a risk, but I can't. I refuse to." I glared at him while stroking Louis' head. 

"Why, because of that friend of yours?" He spatted in anger. I glared at him so hard that he flinched. 

"10 fucking years, DeLuca. I have been looking for this fucker for past 10 fucking years. So that I could give justice to the person who has always been there for me. Who never judged me because of the fact that I am a hacker. Who died because of a fucking plan was planned and executed for ME." I growled.

"So, before you show your hatred towards her, know that she was never the mole because of whom my life was endangered. She died for me instead. Unlike your people who would be ready to betray you in a second."

I stood up with Louis in my arms, indicating towards his crew to rile him up. But Louis jumped out of my arms instead and landed on the bed.

He has to know how it feels when an unknown fucker judges your best friend without any damn reasons. He glared at me as well. 

"Do. Not. Talk. About. People. When. You. Know. Nothing. About. Them." He said, emphasizing on each word. 

"That's what you should do, DeLuca. Because my best friend saved my not- so sorry ass several times and in the end died. Do you realize this? She died because of my enmity with some fuckers. And she was never a suspect of being involved in a conspiracy that led to my destruction or death." I replied and walked to grab my coat.

I have to buy some painting supplies. I have to paint something or I'll go insane this time. I am spending so much of my time with this moron and his crew that I think I am losing some of my brain cells! And that's something I do to other people! 

Suddenly I was turned around and pinned to the nearest wall. "Who do you think you are, huh? You think you can get away from insulting my friends, huh?!" He asked and exerted pressure on my shoulder. 

"You should have thought about it before insulting my best friend who's dead, FYI. And I bet, if I said something like this about your dead best friend, you would have even tried to murder my soul after my death, if that was ever possible." I replied and it was as if air was knocked out of his lungs. He just stared at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm saying this for the last time, including the reason- If you really do want the culprit to be caught, do not tell the crew about what we discovered until we're sure there ain't any mole in this crew." With that, I left the room after taking my coat. I have to paint something or I'll go insane.