Chapter 15

I was running somewhere. Or from someone. But why was I running?

I fell down and saw my reflection in the puddle of water in front of me to see that it was truly me! Except I was kinda younger. I touched my face to survey the wounds I had on my face. I and that's when I heard his voice calling out to me. 

I scrambled up and continued to run despite the pain in my legs. I was at the edge of the cliff and turned around. Only to see an unknowingly known person in front of me.

I had never seen him, yet he was so familiar. Something was wrong...

I was trying to say something but not a single noise came out of my mouth. What the hell! I tried to punch him but he ducked to avoid it. 

He muttered something and gripped my shoulder tight with his left hand, hiding the other hand behind his back. I squirmed, trying to get away but failed miserably.

"Sorry, sweetheart, you have to die." He said and in his right hand, there was a sharp knife. He stabbed me and pulled out the knife.

I sat up straight, eyes wide and gasping when I realized that I was in Jasper's room.

I closed my eyes, trying to get my breath normal.

You're safe now, Mac. Get yourself together, woman!

"Nightmare?" 

You have got to be kidding me.

"Nope, I was attending your funeral in the dream. The happiest dream I have ever had in my life." I said sarcastically.

"Well, I do know that was sarcasm because you were yelling on someone named 'Beau' and almost hit my face." He had sat up straight on the bed by now, showing off his abs. 

Oh universe! Why did he have to be so cocky! I could have felt them if he wasn't.

Not the fucking point here, Mac.

"Beau?" I didn't know anyone named 'Beau'.

"I need to get a fucking drink." I muttered under my breath and got out of the bed.

"I don't think that's a good idea. It might confuse you later when you try to remember the nightmare." Jasper piped in.

"Not applicable to me. In fact, Whiskey would make me think more clearly." I replied back.

I could feel him staring at my back. "Join me for drinks if you want, just don't stare at my back."

He got out of bed as well and we went to his office so that we could get privacy. Don't know what he was thinking while suggesting this though. Privacy and this house have no relation in any way possible. 

"I really don't understand the point of this though. I mean, searching for privacy in this house is like searching for oxygen in space." I voiced out my thoughts.

"That can never happen. Want any soft drink or soda?" He got a bottle of whiskey from the shelf.

"Well, exactly my point! This house can never have privacy, like ever. A few days ago we could hear moans of Benny and Jean! Their room on the ground floor, not the first floor! And ice only." I sat on the barstool.

"...Yeah, agreed." He placed a glass in front of me.

I sipped it slowly. 

"I don't even know why we are drinking together here. And what were you thinking while accepting my offer to join me?" I asked before he could ask anything about the dream. 

It's enough that we are drinking together. Don't want to give him any false ideas.

"Just felt like drinking." He shrugged.