Chapter 10

He stalked slowly towards me, like a predator planning to devour a prey. I held his gaze, not stepping back from where I stood.

Well, if it's a fight he wants, it's a fight he gets. Who am I to reject his wish?

He was not sparing me of anything. Each strike was aimed to do serious damage. I dodged his attacks to wear him out. But he did manage to land a punch to my stomach. (I don't know how, maybe I am getting rusty because I wasn't practicing everyday)

He was out for the kill. I was barely dodging his attacks! I concentrated on his moves and tried to pick up on his pattern.

 But damn his speed! We roamed around the whole room, almost destroying every showcase item. (Well it was me who roamed around the whole room to side his attacks and he followed me, but THAT'S NOT THE POINT HERE!)

Now I know why that 30 year old couldn't beat Jasper when he was 16. He has the speed of a cheetah when he's damn angry and in a fight.

 After some time, I managed to pick up on his pattern. It was really complicated and so it took me more than the usual time to take note of his pattern.

 I had enough of the bullshit so I punched his gut with the help of his pattern to fight and pinned his back on the floor.

"I had warned you all that I am not one of those hackers who is only good at hacking. I do know how to fight." I said, holding his hands above his head and sitting on his torso.

"If you try to pick up a fight again, know that I won't be dodging your moves. I would start that fucking fight and you would be knocked out in a few seconds." I said, holding his hand even more tight when he tried to free his hands.

"Oh really? I don't think so." He said and flipped us around, with me on the floor and him hovering me. 

Because of the shock that he could pin me on the ground when he's on the verge of losing had me loosen the grip on his wrists. He took that opportunity to free himself and pinned my hands on the floor. I tried to free myself but in vain. Argh! We continued to glare at each other.

"Okay, okay, that's enough hate for one day." Marco said, pulling Jasper off me. But before he fully got off me, he whispered in my ear,

"Just because I lost the last time we fought, doesn't mean I am rusty." He smirked and got off me.

"I am really disappointed in you both. Seriously? Is this a street fight arena, where you can fight whenever you want? This is my God-damn penthouse and I WON'T LET YOU BOTH DESTROY IT!" Riley said, angrily.

"It's technically my house. It's registered under my name." Jasper said and I rolled my eyes.

Does he have a death wish or what? 

"Oh, so this is your damn penthouse? Who the fuck gave you this address when you and mother discussed if you should move out or not? Who gave you the idea to get your damn friends over here and convince mother as well?-" She was about to ask a few more questions when Benjamin stopped her.

"I know, I mean we all know how much you have contributed to this. And we all appreciate that." He said.

"And so I have an idea that will make Jasper behave and we all would have fun as well. For tomorrow." Jenna said.

"Our all time favourite- Binge day!" Jenna continued and every one except Jasper had genuine smiles on their faces. And with that, the whole crew agreed with Jenna.

"Binge day? That day when you all binge through your favourite series the whole day, having confessions of the week or something and live like every other person who isn't related to the underworld?" I asked, too bored to participate in their 'Binge Day'. They gaped at me.