Thirty Five

Sherry types on the keyboard and her eyes focus on the computer. She doesn't have any outdoor tasks today. As for today, Sherry continues her research about the drug that she works on. She did made a progress about her research today. She also needs to finish her report about the mission previously with Gin and send it to the headquarter that is only a few blocks away from her lab. 

Gin is away with Vodka as they have to do another mission. It's already three days since their last meeting and she guesses he should come back today. She takes a glance at the time that shows on her computer. It's already 9 in the night. She types quickly and then she grabs her stylus pen and writes her handsign at her computer. Then, she print it out and put it in the envelope.

She finishes her coffee and throws the paper cup in the bin as she shut down her computer. She stretches her body and yawn. She has been sitting there all day doing some research about the drug and her body feels stiffs. She slowly gets up from the chair and takes her belongings with her. Before she left, she switch off the light and lock her lab. She wants to call it a day since she already feel tired and her eyes are hurt since she looks at the computer nonstop for that day.

The woman walks to the headquarter that is not too far away from her lab by herself. There are not so many people at this hour since most of them already go home and some of them start to make their missions during nighttime. Sherry plans to go straight home after she sends the report at the headquarter. As she finally reaches there, she gives the envelope to the worker for them to process the report. After she's done, she walks back to the door but she sees a figure of a man that she knows and recognizes the most with long silver hair who also want to exit the headquarter.

It's no other person except Gin. He's already back from his mission. Sherry finds that Gin figure is a little bit weird as he walks to the door. She's sure that he did injure when he did the mission. She also can't find Vodka anywhere- she assumes that he's also injured way worse than Gin. She walks quickly in his direction to know if he is alright but it doesn't seem like he's fine. As she finally catches up with him, she walks beside him as she look at him. Indeed, he doesn't look well. She can smell blood when she walks beside him. She's sure he just come back from his mission.

"Gin? You got injured, right? I'm pretty sure you're not cleaning your wound yet. Let me do it for you" she said to him. Gin doesn't even look at her as he continues to walk through the path.

"No, and stop being such a busybody" he said. Sherry sigh. He's too stubborn and arrogant. She doesn't care what he thinks as she willingly to clean his wound since Gin did that to her countless time before. So it's time for her to do it from him. Sherry grabs his arm as she pulls him with her. She pulls him as they walk to his car that is not too far away from them. She's planning to treat his wound at her apartment since she has her medical kit there. She also doesn't feel like walking back to her lab.

"I take no for answer Gin. Stop being stubborn and let me do your wound. Just please don't talk. I'm sick hearing you being such a stubborn ass man" she said. Gin doesn't react as he just let her pulls him to the car. Sometimes, he finds it tiring to fight with this woman as he knows she will make him listen to her. As he also just got back from the mission, he feels tired. So, he let it slip this time. Sherry did felt surprised as Gin just follows her word.

Sometimes Gin did get injured when doing missions but not too serious like Vodka and Sherry had. He's an extra cautious person when he does the mission. As the two of them finally reach his car, Sherry releases her hand from his arm and she looks at him.

"Give me your keys. I'll drive the car. Don't worry I won't even give a single scratch to your car. I know how much you value it" she said to him. She knows that Gin loves this car so much and this is his favourite model. She also doesn't forget that he bought it straight from Germany. Gin's taste is quite high.

Gin gives his key to her. The two of them enter the car as Sherry turns on the engine. She starts to drive to her apartment. It's not too far away as it only takes 10 minutes for her to go to her lab by using a car. The silence fills the air as her eyes focus on the road. There's not so much car on the road as people already went home to have a rest and sleep. She doesn't even turn on the radio as she drives. She decided to break the silence as she said to him.

"Gin, I would like you to stay at my apartment today. I just left my bike at the workplace and I don't have any transportation to go there tomorrow. My sister is not an option since I don't want to burden her. Also, I am too lazy to find a cab tomorrow and I hate using the bus" she said to him.

"Whatever you say" he said to her. He does indeed let her slips this time. He's too lazy to deal with her as he wants his wound to get clean quickly. Shiho takes a quick glance at him and she rolls her eyes. She finds it is annoying as he replies to her only that. She doesn't want to complain as she found that somehow Gin did listen to her today.

Her eyes focus back on the road as they are almost there. Well, it is indeed a peaceful night. Only silence fills the air once again. None of them tries to break the silence throughout the car ride. They only enjoy the peaceful night in the car until they reach her apartment.

••••••••••