Twenty Two

"Ai chan, wake up. Let's play at the waterpark!" said Ayumi as she shakes Haibara's body slowly. Haibara slowly opens her eyes and she stretches her body. Haibara feels better- all the moments when she cried last night did help her to feel a bit better.

She also finds that the talk that she had with Subaru is helping too- she can feel certain weights escape her heart when she talks about her problems. At the same time, she's also glad that there are no dreams last night that make her fall into her own sorrow pit again.

"Thank you for waking me up, Yoshida san. Let's get ready shall we?" Haibara said to her.

"Yep! I'm excited" Ayumi said as she starts to get ready. On the other hand, Haibara looks at her and smile. Sometimes, she did consider that Ayumi is like her own sister. She admits that she found that Ayumi is adorable- this is one of the reasons why she considers that Ayumi is like her own little sister.

Haibara starts to get ready as she takes her swimsuit and finds her way to the bathroom.

When all of them are ready, they walk to the waterpark area- the kids are excited as they can't stop smiling all the way here. Of course, there is also this person that can't hide his smile as his eyes scan all over the area with excitement.

"There's a lot of sexy women here, look! I'm going to enjoy myself here!" he said as he starts to split from their group and find his way to get closer with the sexy lady- it's Kogoro after all. Ran on the other hand looks at him with rage in her eyes and then she releases a big sigh. She knows that she can't stop her own father from doing that.

Haibara then shifts her head to look at the man that she talked to last night. She gives him an unbelievable look. The man looks at her as if nothing is happening.

"Who in the world wears a long-sleeve turtleneck shirt at the waterpark? you live on the wrong planet originally right?" Haibara said to him- the kids, Ran and Sonoko turns their heads in her direction. They did notice that Subaru wear the turtleneck shirt but they never ask him why.

"I forgot to bring my swimsuit and I don't feel like playing at the waterpark. Guess I'll just guard all of you and stay with Hakase" he said to her. Haibara turns her head the other way as she finds his excuses are not valid for her.

"Too bad for you Subaru san, you could have enjoyed with us. Well, maybe next time. Now Ran, let's go and play" said Sonoko as she drags Ran with her. The two of them disappear in her sight.

"Guys, let's play that slide! its look interesting. Let's go Conan kun, Haibara san" said Mitsuhiko as he, Genta and Ayumi start to run in that direction.

"Oi! don't just run like that wait!" said Conan as he starts to catch up with them. Haibara shakes her head as she walks in their direction. The waterpark is full of people. The atmosphere there is lively as she can hear people enjoy playing there with their family, friends and their loved ones.

When Haibara finally reaches at the slide they have to line up and wait for their turns.

"Ai chan will you have your turn first. I feel scared all of sudden" said Ayumi. Haibara just agrees with her request. As it's finally her turn, she sits at the slide and as she goes past through the slide until it reaches the bottom. Haibara decides to wait for the kids to reach the bottom.

"You enjoy this Haibara?" said Conan right beside her.

"Well, maybe it's been a while since I went to the waterpark. So I need to familiarize this situation and atmosphere here. Besides, It's not wrong for me to have a little fun do I?" she replied to him.

"Oh you did went to a waterpark before? I'm shocked. I thought you lock yourself in your lab all the time" said Conan mockingly. Haibara stares at him in rage. She feels like she wants to drawn this person. He's too annoying for her to handle.

"How rude" she said and she splashes the water right into his face.

"Oi!" he said as he try to dodge it but failed. Haibara keeps splashing him water. Then she stops as the kids finally reach the bottom.

"It was fun! Let's try another one!" Mitsuhiko said as they walk to the other slide to play.

She indeed went to the waterpark before- it was a long time ago when the moment she was still in the organization. She doesn't want to recall any of the moments yet as she wants to enjoy herself with the kids here and forget about her feelings and her problems. She also did enjoy herself when she went to the waterpark before.

She actually went to the waterpark with the whole organization member- even the lowest rank and the highest rank member will join and also different divisions in the organization will join too as a short vacation. She knows it sounds ridiculous and illogical for the organization to do such things. They did have a short vacation at different places and one of them at the waterpark- they rent it just for them for several days and somehow the waterpark kind of full since the organization have a huge number of member.

"Ai chan! you go first again. Ayumi is scared" said Ayumi to her. Haibara snaps into reality as she accepts her requests once again. Haibara takes her turn first.

In the end, all of them enjoy their moment at the waterpark and had a great time with one another when they spent their time together.

••••••••••