Fifteen

Haibara observes the rat. It's been three days and the rats still have not shrunk back. She needs a week to confirm it. She pours enough food and water at the container since she'll go to the waterpark today- no one going to take care of the rats when she's away.

There's no way she asks Subaru who's going to take care of it. As far as she knows, only the kids, Hakase, Conan, Ran, Sonoko and Kogoro will be there. After she settled and take care of her lab, she walks to her room and get her things since they will go there by rental van- by Kogoro.

She feels a bit better since she doesn't get any dream about that man- about her pasts. The last time she got dreams were when they got kidnapped by Gin- that moment about the first time she killed someone. She did indeed kill people before. She doesn't count how many of them but she did kill a lot- it doesn't count how many people were killed by the pills- APTX-4869 that she made.

She was a criminal. She was a bad person, a killer- an assassin. Maybe that is the reason why her pasts and memories keep haunting her- because her heart is tainted, tainted with sins that can't be erased as she can't revive the life that she takes.

She shakes her head to stop thinking about it. Right now, she wants to enjoy during the summer break with the kids- with everyone. When she's alone, she does think negatively as the memories when she was in the organization always plays in her mind. She tries to clear her mind as she takes her belongings and walks outside.

"Are you done Ai kun?" ask Hakase to her. Haibara nods as she asks the same questions to him.

"I'm done too, let's wait for them to pick us up" said Hakase to her. She agrees as they walk outside- to wait for them The only thing that she hopes before she's away is that the rats are not shrunk back. She wanted the antidote to work perfectly.

It doesn't take too long for them to wait as they see the white van stop at their house. When she enters the van and sit beside Ayumi, a certain someone enters the van too. It is Subaru. Haibara wonders why he's going with them. Plus, she doesn't think that he's going to play at the waterpark. His presence makes her feel suspicious about him. The man looks at her as he smiles at her. Haibara just looks at him and she shifts her head to the window- totally ignore him.

When everyone is ready, their journey to the waterpark started. It is placed outside Tokyo and they going to stay there for two nights. It's been a while since she went to the waterpark. She wonders what it feels like to go there with them- with the kids. Haibara plugged in her earphone as she stare outside through the window. She feels like she needs to take this opportunity to clears her mind for a while. As Haibara stares outside, her eyes slowly become heavy and she falls asleep. She had a sleepless night this week- at least a short nap will help her to feel energetic and fresh again.

••••••••••

Sherry opens her eyes slowly as she looks outside- through the car window. It's summer. They still don't reach the spot yet. Currently, there are only Gin and her in the car. Vodka received an order so he's not there with them. She doesn't know how many times that they will arrive at the spot. She has been asleep and then awake, she keeps repeat it as she feels bored in the car- she also did feel tired due to the unstoppable works that the organization assigned her to do.

She did have a sleepless night during the past weeks. She needs to recover her sleep. She'd worked like crazy during the past week- everything need to be done- it doesn't count her work to do with GIn.

As for right now, they need to meet another organization member that suspected to be undercover. It's taking forever to go there. She wonders why they didn't assign other agents to do so.

"You did nap a lot huh" Gin said to her as his eyes focused on the road. Sherry shifts her head to look at the man that sits beside her. She looks right at his face as she focuses every detail on his face.

"It can't be helped. I don't sleep much recently and I have countless work to do. I do need rest sometimes" she said to him as she draw her eyes to the road in front of her. She cover her mouth as she yawned- she did feel sleepy again.

"I noticed you did work hard recently. I don't even care if you want to sleep or doing anything in the car. It's not like I can stop you, you're quite stubborn" he said to her- he did take a quick glance at the woman beside him and he continues to focus on the road.

"Well, I'm sorry for being a stubborn woman, but you still don't ignore me, did you. I wonder why it is as you did ignore Vermouth most of the time. She's just as stubborn as me." Sherry looks at him- waiting for him to reply.

"That woman is too proud and confident to herself. She thinks she's the greatest and I don't like her attitude" Gin said to her. Sherry focuses her gaze on him. The way he sat with a straight back and his strong arms that hold the steering did take her attention.

"So, you like my attitude don't you?" Sherry said as she smirk at him. Sometimes, he did try to tell her something indirectly, but she still doesn't know whether he did mean it or not- since it's hard to read the top 3 members of the organization.

"You imagining things, don't flutter yourself Sherry" he said as he still look at the road.

"Oh Gin, can't you be honest to yourself?" she said as she keeps smirking at him. He didn't reply to her. She loves to tease him. She enjoys every moment during the car ride as she turns her head to look through the window. The summer scenery is beautiful. As for her, she did have a great time as she just chilling in the car and having a great conversation with Gin during the car ride.

••••••••••