Thirty One

"Does Gin already know that Haibara Ai and I are just the same person?" Shiho asked as she looks through the window. She doesn't know where Vermouth will take her. She knows that she can't do anything right now. Guess she will just follow with the flow.

"It's funny that he doesn't know about that yet. He did notice something but he keep it by himself. He is actually the one who told me to kidnap you, as Haibara. But isn't it better for you to meet him in your true self?" said Vermouth. It's good that he doesn't know about that yet.

"I think it is better for me to show myself to him. Where are you going to take me anyway?" Shiho asked.

"Just a place with no one around. Listen, I'll tie you up later. So, I hope you can cooperate with me" said Vermouth.

"Very well, it's not like I can run away anymore, he already knows where I live and the people around me. I will face him this time. Even if he's going to kill me at the end" Shiho said.

"Good luck with that I guess. Finally, we arrive" Vermouth said as she parks her car. The two women get off the car and Shiho follows Vermouth from behind. Gin is not there yet.

Shiho at the moment just willingly do anything Vermouth said. She'll face Gin this time. Vermouth ties her hand at the pole, Shiho doesn't even try to fight her- it's useless to do so.

"He's nearby. I'll leave you here with him. Well, good luck dealing with him Sherry" Vermouth said as she walks towards the exit.

"Wait" said Shiho. Vermouth stops as she looks at Sherry. She raises one of her eyebrows to her. The two women look at each other eyes.

"You know my identity at the very first place yet you never tell anyone about this even Gin. Why?" Shiho said. She wonders why Vermouth did that. Vermouth puts the smirks on her face as she slowly chuckles.

"A secret makes woman, a woman" she said before she leaves Shiho alone. She sigh. It's been a while since she heard that and sometimes she finds it annoying. Shiho hears Vermouth's car engine and slowly fade away. She already left her. Now, she needs to focus. She'll be going to meet Gin soon.

Shiho still doesn't have any plan for now. She might be killed today. She knows how cold Gin is and he really hates betrayer. He killed countless people without ever feel regret. For him murder is nothing. As Shiho is deep in thought, she hears a car is nearby and it stops. Shiho sure that is Gin.

Shiho takes a deep breath. It's time. Whether she likes it or not, she needs to face him. She closes her eyes and looks at the ground.

"Come on, you're better than this. It's just Gin, you know him" she thought to herself.

She hears the footstep getting closer. It's not one, but two people walking in her direction. She is sure it's both Gin and Vodka.

Somehow, their presence makes her heart beats faster than ever. She feels nervous about this. She tries to control her breath as the steps getting closer and closer. Like always, she hopes for the best to happen.

"I'm not expecting you to be here, Sherry. Guess Vermouth did a great job" he said as he smirks. Sherry knows this voice very much. Somehow, she did miss this voice. Sherry still looks at the ground. She doesn't have the courage to look at his face.

She did miss him and at the same time, she doesn't dare to even look at him. Gin slowly approaches her and he stops right in front of the woman. Shiho still looks at her own feet. Her heart beat faster. She doesn't know what is going to be next.

She feels his hand at her chin and he slowly lifts her face. Two cold eyes meet each other. Shiho tries to maintain her breath as she stares at his cold eyes. It's been quite a while since she looks at his deadly eyes. His eyes never change a bit- the coldness is still the same.

"Cat got your tongue, Sherry?" He said to her. His hand is still at her chin as they are only a few inches away. Both of them can feel each other breaths. Shiho smirks as she doesn't break their eye contact yet. Shiho tries to look brave as much as she can.

"It's good to see you, Gin. I think I should thank you for spending your time just to meet me. You're always busy with your work, I think it is an honour for having you here" Shiho said with a mocking tone. She tries to look bold in front of him. She can't let her guard down when he's around. Gin chuckles.

"You never changed a little bit right Sherry? You still have guts to say that even you know what's your fate when you meet me" Gin said to her as he smirks. They still keep their eye contact with each other. Shiho can feel his hot breath on her face- it gives chills to her body.

It's been a while since they are this close with each other. For some reason, she feels her feelings for him getting stronger when they meet. Gin did give her some serious impact.

"You don't change even a bit too, Gin. Guess, people still doesn't like the presence when you're around. Anyway, I'm looking forward to knowing what is my fate next. It can't be changed after all right, Gin?" she said. She surely just teased him.

"The boldness of you never change, woman. Very well, why don't we have a small chat before I end your life?" Gin said to her.

"Thank you for that compliment, I guess? Well, why not? It's been a while since we had a talk, no?" she said as she smirks. Gin breaks their eye contact as he let go of her chin. He steps back a little and he looks back at Shiho.

"Well, Gin? What exactly do you want to talk about? I would love to hear that" said Shiho to him. She can feel tension is in the air as their eyes meet once again.

••••••••••