Sixty Eight

5 years later

Shiho packs the pills and put them in a bag. It's the same APTX-4869 that she consumed before but the only difference is that she finally completed it. She did work hard on it and she finally completed it. The results are nothing like in the past where there is no probability the lab rat become shrunk again.

The results do satisfy her as it doesn't leave any traces when the lab rats died. It's been a week since she completed the deadly pills. Every test on this pill has already run and it's finally time for them to use it. This time they got her consent fully to use the pills.

Shiho takes the bag with her as she walks out of her lab. She leaves the place as she walks to find the figure that she's been wanting to see. As she spots the silver-haired man standing beside his car while smoking, she approaches the man with a smile that people barely see.

"Thank you for waiting for me. How long since you arrive?" she asked the man.

"Not too long" he said. Both of them enter the car. Shiho takes the place right to the driver seat that she usually does. Both of them are heading to send the pills that she made to the other black organization members. Since she's the creator, she should be the one who handed the pills to them.

"This going to take a while right? The place is quite far. I'm going to sleep, don't mind if I do" she said to him as she leans back on the seat and looks at the road. There's not so much car today yet she's sure they will arrive when the sun going to set. The weather is quite great. It's summertime and it's one of her favourite seasons.

"Sleepyhead" he said as his eyes focus on the road. Shiho look at him- unsatisfied with what he said. He's one of the reasons why she needs to sleep. He knows that well yet he teases her.

"Shut up. I have a lot of work that needs to be done. Also, if you're going easy on me last night I won't be tired today" she said as she gives him a sharp look. Of course, Gin doesn't intimidate with that as he looks straight on the road, yet he does notice the looks that she gave him.

"If I remember correctly, you're the one who requested that" he said- teasing the woman. Shiho looks away as she grunts slowly yet her face is tinted with red colour.

"Oh shut up" she said as she looks outside through the window. Of course, he's going to blame her back. Even if she's not going to beg for him to be hard on her, he still going to act that way. She's been sleeping with him a lot and every time they do it, it's going to be hard and he will push her to the limit.

She ignores the man beside her as she closes her eyes. She's tired and she needs a rest. She doesn't mind having a rest in the car as she truly needs it.

As they arrive at the spot, both of them enter the place. Shiho's prediction was right. They do arrive when the sun is setting. She's not complaining since this is one of the perfect times for them. Since everyone doesn't pay attention but to go home from work.

Shiho grabs the bag which contains the pills. Before they enter the place, Gin looks around with suspicion. Shiho looks at him as she wonders why he did that.

"You notice something?" asked Shiho to him.

"I feel like someone is watching. Don't let your guard down" he said. Shiho nods her head as she obeys what he said. If Gin's the one who feels it there's no doubt, someone is there. Shiho looks at the exterior of the place. It looks like it has been left for a year or more. As they move their step to enter the house, someone greets them. It's the one to who they should hand the pills.

They have a small chat with one another and she hands him the pills afterwards. When both Shiho and Gin decide to leave they heard a sound- someone is totally there. They hold their own gun- tight.

"Is there anybody else with you?" asked Shiho to the man.

"No. I am by myself" he said.

"Split" said Gin and three of them split and look every place thorough. Shiho grips her gun tight as she looks around the place. So far nothing weird attract her attention.

As she keeps walking and turn into the corner her eyes widen. The figure that appears in front of her makes her freeze at the spot. It's been a long time since they meet and she doesn't expect to meet him here. The other person does freeze at the spot too as he's shocked seeing Shiho here with the organization.

It's Shinichi.

"What are you doing here?! Get out now!" she said almost whispering.

"No! what are YOU doing here?! Tell me Haibara are you working with them back?!" he said slowly as he still look at her- disbelieve.

"Gin is here, Kudo. There's no time. Go, now before he finds you here! Be grateful that I am the one who finds you first" she said. She's afraid Gin will come here. He will give no chance to anyone who prying their business. She feels anxious yet she still tries to calm down.

"Haibara, it's not true, right? Come with me and back home together. Everyone is missing you. It's a joke that you usually did, right Haibara? There's no way you work with them anymore" he said with a disappointed and sad look. He feel betrayed- he truly feels that. Shinichi does trust her a lot yet she breaks his trust with this. He can't take this anymore.

"Kudo, let me tell you one thing. The organization suit me more. No one can change that, now go before he finds you" she said as she look at him with a pitying look. She hates to do this. She just wants Shinichi to disappear right now. They will get in trouble if Gin suddenly appears here.

Shinichi grabs her arm as he looks at her with a plea.

"Come back with us. Please, Haibara" he said. For some reason, she does want to follow him. But everything is too late now. She made her choice and she's not going to change it. It's too late for her, she chooses the organization over them. Shiho slowly pulls her arm back, make it releases from his hand. She hides her face under her bangs.

"Kudo, there's no Haibara anymore. Haibara Ai is dead...There's only Sherry" she said. Shinichi's eyes widen as he feels his heart shatters into pieces. She betrayed him right in front of his face. Kudo had been denying to everyone that said she work with the organization- by having faith that she will always choose them over the organization. Guess he was wrong. She's changed now. He's not ready to face it- he's not ready to accept that she's the one that he needs to against. She's his enemy now.

"Is there anything you found, Sherry?" asked Gin as he walk to her. Shiho widens her eyes as she turns to him and confidently says no. Shinichi on the other hand tries to find a route for him to escape. Even his heart has been shattered into pieces, he still collects his courage to save himself from them. The painful truth did hit him hard.

"Nothing here, Gin. Now shall we leave? I'm sure no one is here" she said. Gin doesn't say anything as both of them leave the place. As it's already nighttime, Shiho suggested that they stay in any hotel or inn that is still available. Since they don't have any mission for tomorrow, Gin agrees with her.

••••••••••