Sixty Two

Shiho opens her eyes and she takes a quick glance at the clock. It's almost 2 pm- she doesn't surprise since she's tired mentally and physically. She moves her body to sit for a while. Everything is aching, she did use a lot of energy before. She places both her feet on the floor as she stands up. The first thing she does is to walk to her room and check on the assassin.

Guess, it's not a dream after all- she did help him. It seems like he still doesn't wake up yet. She takes a closer look at Gin. His breathing is slow. She takes his temperature- it's normal. She only needs for him to wake up. It might take some time.

She leaves her room to do her routine then she makes herself a meal. There's nothing for her to do at the moment but to wait. On the other hand, she's curious about the others condition and the aftermath of the battle. She hopes everyone is alright.

As she enjoys herself with the meal she just made someone call her. Surely it is Hakase. She stares at her phone for a moment- whether to accept or decline the phone call. In the end, she blocks it. It might be Shinichi who is the one who calls her. She doesn't want to have any relation with them anymore. She places her phone away as she continues with her day.

As the night arrives, she does her usual routine which is to read the novel while staring at the sky with her cat resting on her lap. So far nothing strange happen to her. Guess no one saw her when she left the battlefield yesterday.

She is so into the book and she decides to finish the novel. The novel ended with both the police officer arrested the criminal who sentences to death afterwards- what an ending. Kudos to the police officer.

It's totally opposite to what she went through.

She looks at the clock and the time shows 12. She does not feel sleepy yet. She decides to walk to her room and sits on the chair beside the bed. The woman shifts her gaze to look at the assassin. Her cat following her as it rests on the bed with the man. She stares at his face for a while.

What will happen when he finally wakes up? Will her life will end? Is this even the right thing to do? Will he even kill her when he wakes up?

She still has a great opportunity to kill him right now yet she's not doing it. No...she never even have the courage to kill this man. The man that she admires, there's no way she will be able to kill him. She's just a weak and helpless woman. 

She slowly moves her hand and put it on his. His warmth is back and she's glad. She misses it. Her face is resting on her arm which she places on her bed- while looking at the man's face. The dark room slowly makes her feel sleepy as she slowly closes her eyes and falls into a deep sleep.

During the middle of the night, the man slowly moves his body and open his eyes. He feels his body aching from the gunshot wound right after he's awake. He remembers perfectly what happened before he passes out.

He scans his surrounding as he feels he's lying on the soft mattress. An unfamiliar room enters his sight. The darkness does make him struggle to focus on his surrounding.

He can feel something on his hand and he looks at it. It's the woman's hand who helped him- the woman who had a connection to him back then. He is still unsure why she did that, he still can't discover her true intention. This woman is full of surprises that sometimes make it hard to understand her.

He looks at her who is sleeping. She hasn't changed much since their last encounter. She is still the same Sherry that he knows. Her elegance and beauty stay the same. For some reason, he thinks he might have some weak spot on her- yet he is still unsure and refuses to believe that.

"Stupid woman" he said slowly as he caresses her hand- without even noticing he actually do it.

Instead of trying to stand up and leave the place, he stays there as he closes his eyes- decides to have more rest. He didn't bother to move his hand on her either. In the end, both of them fall asleep together with their hand hold each other, tight.

••••••••••

As the morning arrive, Shiho opens her eyes and she found herself still beside the bed while her hand holding his. Weird thing is that she actually had a great sleep even her position is not uncomfortable enough for her. She slowly moves her hand from him. She stares at the man's face in front of her. He is still not awake, isn't he? She sighs.

She is afraid if his condition getting worse. She did take good care of his wound and always check his temperature. Her cat who rest on the bed leaps to her lap. Shiho pats her cat.

"He will awake later. Right, Shiro? Let's put our hope high" she said. She stands up and leaves her room. She washes her face, brushes her teeth and does her usual routine like always. Still, nothing weird or threatening happen to her yet. She's glad.

She continues making herself a meal and eat afterwards. She's waiting for her cat but it doesn't even in her sight. She doesn't know where its whereabouts.

"Shiro? Time to eat" she said. Weird, usually the cat will follow her everywhere she goes. As for today, it doesn't bother to follow her at all- it did follow her earlier then it disappear.

Shiho finds her cat around her apartment except for her room- she fails to find it. She proceeds to find her cat in her room. As soon as she steps into her room she sees Gin is awake, sitting while leaning on the headboard while Shiro is on his lap as he strokes its fluffy white fur.

Her eyes widen as their eyes meet. She freezes on her spot. They stare at one another for a while. No words come out of her mouth as she slowly moves to him. When they are only inches away from each other, Shiho close the gap as she embraces him.

Gin doesn't move as he let her be. Shiho can't contain the overwhelming feeling that suddenly comes as her tears flow out. She doesn't know why she acts like this either. Guess her feelings take over her a lot lately.

"How weak for you to cry over someone who tried to kill you...countless times " said Gin- stating the truth. Shiho doesn't reply as she stays there for a while. She feels happy knowing he's awake. The woman loosens the embrace as she sits on the bedside.

"You should've killed me, not to treat me" he said again. Shiho looks away in silence as she wipes her tears. She admits that she's just a weak woman. The reason why she did this- she doesn't even know herself. It's confusing for her to handle.

"Why?" he asked as his hands doesn't stop stroking the fluffy white fur. Why? She is still unsure.

"Please, stop questioning me. I don't have the answer myself at the moment" she said as she still looks away. Gin doesn't answer as he looks straight in her direction. A slight pause fills the air before Shiho speaks.

"Are you feeling better?" she said- asking about his condition. She still concerns about it. He doesn't answer her.

"I take that as a yes. Wait" she said as she stands up and leaves the room. She takes everything that she needs in the kitchen and she goes back to her room and put it on the table beside her bed.

"Eat some before you leave, you're not planning to stay here for too long, don't you? I bet everyone has been searching for you" she said. No answer she got from Gin but he did take the meal that she prepares for him. The cat leaps from Gin to her.

"Naughty cat, you need to eat too, I prepared your food in the kitchen" she said to the cat. Shiro obeys as it leaves the room- leaving both Gin and Shiho in the room. Without the presence of the cat somehow makes things more awkward.

Shiho shifts her gaze to look at the man. She expresses a small smile- she feels good looking he's fine.

The feeling is the same as the previous time- Gin will leave right after she prepares a meal for him. It truly feels like the good old time. Somehow it does give her peace in her heart as she misses every piece of it.

••••••••••